Part 4

Eunmi's POV

As I entered cafelatte, the cafe that I've been to recently after finding peace and comfort in this safe haven, I approached the cashier and smiled as a familiar face smiled brightly at me. Maybe it was because I've been here for quite an amount of time despite only discovering this recently but never the less, I was still surprised as the girl remembered my name.

"Hello Eunmi ssi! You're here again." she beamed and as I took a quick glance at her nametag, it says Christine.

"Ah yes, I just keep coming back, don't I?" I chuckled shyly.

"Yes and I'm glad to see you often! We only have a few regulars and I'm happy you're becoming one of them." She was really cheerful as she gives of this comforting aura just as the cafe does, making me smile at her and nod. We exchange shy chuckles before she cleared her throat. "So what are you having for tonight?" she asked.

"I think I'll have it cold for tonight?" I muttered to myself, but as I looked at her, I realized I haven't said what exactly I wanted. "Ah I'll have--"

"One iced caramel macchiato." She finished my sentence for me with a grin and I couldn't help but smile back in surprise.

Have I been visiting that often? Or was it the only thing I've been drinking, only with the variation of the temperature?

As soon as I paid for my order, she went about and started doing my drink. I hummed a tune inside my head as I tapped my foot against the floor, following the imaginary beat, making me forget those bad thoughts that's haunting me and following me around. I literally forgot about almost everything as I enjoy the comfort I find in this cafe.

"Here you go." Christine smiled, handing me my drink and as I reached out for it, my sleeves got pulled back, exposing my wrist and making the slowly-becoming bruise show. It caught her attention as the color contrasted my fair skin but even before she could react, I pulled back my sleeves as I take the drink from her as quickly as I could. I smiled at her briefly before quickly turning back, only to be stopped abruptly as I suddenly faced someone's chest.

"Ah! That scared me." I took deep breath and exhaled sharply before apologizing to the person infront of me.

"It's okay, Eunmi ssi."

What? This voice...

I looked up, surprised to see Jungkook looking back at me with his lips tugged to the side of his mouth, showing a small dimple on his left cheek. I'm pretty sure I couldn't wipe off the surprise on my face after bumping to him three times for today so I just bowed one last time before stepping to the side and resuming my walk away from the counter to a seat beside a the window with a coffee table infront of me. I sat and placed my drink on the table as I took out my phone, smiling as my phone lit up with a notification:

Grumpy Eonni: 5 messages; 3 missed calls

Uh-oh. I'm in trouble.

I'm here in cafelatte eonni

-Eunmi

But even before I could send the message, the front door's bell rang and there stood Jihae eonni.

"Yah! Why didn't you answer my calls awhile ago? I was so worried, you punk!" She was scolding me on her way to where I was when she noticed Jungkook with a drink in his hand, probably about to leave. They exchange a few words before Jungkook smiled and bid farewell to her, leaving only after directing a court nod towards me in which I returned.

"Take care, Jungkook ah!" Jihae eonni shouted after him before going back to scolding me.

"Eonni, I'm sorry." I stood up and met her halfway, cutting off her scolding as I enveloped her in a bear hug. "And thank-you for worrying, but I'm okay."