Hunger... Part II

Larni P.O.V

Okay I couldn't deny that this vampire power was awesome. I was all the way in Sydney and running my way back to Hervey Bay, I mean, how frigging wicked was that? All I could think about was Dominic, the guy who turned me. Even when I reached the gate to my house, was I still thinking about him. Just to be sure, I pulled out my compact mirror and observed what I saw. It was just me, my skin was still tanned but a fair bit lighter, my lavender eyes were bright from a recent feed and my new and improved teeth were hidden. Dominic had explained everything but the crap thing about this whole situation was the fact that he was going to pull me back for weekly reviews and training. I don't know what for, maybe it was a vampire thing. I smiled at myself and looked back up. It was still night but I could see everything as if it were day. I walked over to the booth that sat in front of my house and tapped on the window. Jerald, the guy who worked there stared at me but smiled and quickly opened the gate. I gave him a dazzling smile and continued to walk through to my house. In only seconds I had concurred the long maze to my house and made my way up to the doorway. I opened the door and put my foot out. It was like some glass wall had blocked the doorway. I put my hand up into the air and attempted to push it through the entrance. What the hell? I banged my fist through the air with as much force as a truck, still nothing.

"Mum?" I called. A waited for what seemed about 5 minutes, though that was probably my impatience talking. It was only about 5 seconds later when my mother appeared through the doorway

"What on earth are you doing just standing there? Get in here." I looked down at my foot as I took one last shot at getting through, finally the invisible wall left and I walked in as if it had never happened. I stared at the entrance to my house for a sec.

"Vampire's can't enter unless invited." I groaned quietly to myself as Dominic's words went through my head. I could just hear his laugh at that moment. He had laughed at me that entire time he was teaching me and now I could understand why. I gave a small snarl from my throat and stomped upstairs to my room, ignoring my mum. I slammed the door and looked at the clock on the wall, no wonder she had freaked, 4:28 am. Without even looking I realised Alexis was on my bed.

"What do you want Lexi?" I growled. I looked at her and suddenly noticed every little thing that was different, and at the same time understood that she could say the same thing about me. Her skin had a richer tan and was even more healthy, her purple eyes had transformed to brown and a trace of blood was left on her clothes. What she currently wore weren't even hers! I couldn't recognise the scent but those were definitely not her jeans. Her black hair was also lighter. Maybe she got it done, but I couldn't smell any product used on it. Her used-to-be-black-hair was now a rich chocolate. All I could really say was whoa. Not about her, but about me. I usually didn't even care about what she did with her hair or skin but I was suddenly jealous.

"Get your hair done?" I asked. Her eyes widened a tad and she just shrugged.

"Wanted a change." She looked out the window.

"What about the eyes? You loved purple."

"Contacts. Look I need to tell you something Larni." She moved her leg just the slightest and suddenly a strong aroma of blood filled my nose. The smell was beautiful, all those girls combined wouldn't equal two drops of my sisters blood. The feeling was even stronger this time and I could feel my teeth pushing themselves out and digging into my lips. She got up cautiously and walked slowly over to me. "Are you alright? Your eyes..." She stared at me and the smell grew stronger as she got closer. I wanted her blood. I wanted it. Tears slid down my face, she was my sister. I wanted to kill my sister, what was wrong with me? I needed her blood. That gorgeous feeling of warmth trickling in my mouth and down my face. I turned around, probably a bit too quickly and started breathing deeply. Calm down.