Awkward

Chris sat in front of the fire place and felt the warmth against him skin. He heard footstep and looked up seeing Josh. "Am I allowed to join?" Josh chuckled. Chris smiled "Of course you are." He nodded. Josh sat down and looked at Chris. He felt his cheeks slightly feel warm. But it wasn't from the fire place. "Like any girls?" He asked. Chris shrugged "Ashley is pretty cute." He chuckled. Josh nodded and looked away. He looked out the window and sighed. Chris tilted his head "You alright man?" He asked. "Huh. Oh yeah." Josh looked at Chris "Im ok." -few minutes later- "Alright. I'm gonna go turn on the generator." Josh opened the front door. Chris looked at Josh "I'll go with you." He stood up and walked over to Josh. "Ok dad." Josh joked and laughed. Chris laughed as well.
Chris and Josh walked deep into the woods following a path that leads to the generator.
"How come it's so far away from the cabin?" Chris ask.
"I case something happens to the cabin, the generator would be fine." Josh answered. "Ah. Ok I see." Chris nodded.
Josh gazed at Chris's hand out of the corner of his eye. He sighed then looked back at the path. Josh cleared his throat and fixed his hat. He looked at Chris "Whatcha been up to?" Josh asked. "Oh nothing really. Just, enjoying the winter. Y'know." Chris smiled and looked at Josh "You?" He asked. Josh shrugged "Nothing.. " he sighed. Chris sighed "Sorry.. About your sister.." Chris gently patted Josh's shoulder.
Josh slipped his hands in his jacket pocket and raised his shoulder. "Sorry man.. For bringing it up." Chris felt horrible for bringing up Josh's sisters. He rubbed the nape of his neck.