Shadow Leo

"General Liver?!"  Where have I heard that name before?

"I am a general no more. After Lady Esdeath saved me, I became her servant." General Esdeath, no way? They're working for her?!

"If we'd ended up on the same side, we could've celebrated our reunion with a drink. But since you've resurfaced as my enemy, I must kill you!" Tatsumi's friend pointed his spear at our target. "I must complete the mission!"

"My thoughts exactly. The mission must be carried out ..." He pulled of his right hand glove revealing something blue shining. I couldn't see what it was but it was still eye catching. "with this Imperial Arm master bestowed upon me!" He lifted his hand out as the barrels by his side shot water out rapidly. "Imperial Arm Black Martin. Created from an organ of an aquatic Danger Beast that controls water, this Relic allows its wielder to freely manipulate any liquid within range. That I should face you four in such a location is fortunate indeed." This isn't going well, we're on a boat surrounded by water. We're toast.

"A water controller, eh? How appropriate for the servant of one who controls ice. You're kidding me. What are you? Some circus freak?" I laughed.

"Lady Esdeath can create ice from nothing. She is on a completely different level. Do not compare me with her. Water Spirit Cannon!" He shot streams of water at us but Tatsumi's friend blocked it. While he was blocking it I heard the other guy start plotting behind us. I warned Tatsumi so he went in action. He stopped the other guy from playing his flute again. But he was too fast, he took Tatsumi down almost instantly. Tatsumi managed to jump back up somehow and continued the battle. I turned around seein Tatsumi's friend in a tight spot. Liver created a giant snake like creature. As long as there's water around, Liver has the advantage.

"Prepare to be crushed!" The monster took action but it got sliced right through. He shouldn't have done that. I predicted General Liver's moves. I knew he was just going to drag him in the air so he couldn't dodge anything any more. His armour slightly got damaged as well as his armour covering his face, it was mostly damaged. He placed an even stronger attack on him but it still wasn't enough. He survived it. He aimed for the enemy but was interfered by his friend who was fighting Tatsumi. Wait, Tatsumi! I turned to him seeing he was on the ground badly injured. I ran towards him not even thinking what I was doing.

"Tatsumi, are you ok?!" This is just like what happened to Sakura and Jaune. I shouldn't have taken this mission, I shouldn't have. Where is the guy who made me blind, he should be helping!

"Sorry, I wasn't able to hold him off long enough." Tatsumi was still able to move. That made me let out a sigh of relief.

"What's this? You're still alive? I told you I'd play with you later if you kept still like a good boy." I swear, this guy is just as annoying as the one who made me blind.

"Don't worry about it", Tatsumi's friend's armour slowly disappeared. "Surviving as long as you have with no Relic is impressive enough." Even with that armour he still took a lot of damage. He turned back to his enemy. "I'll take care of this."

"Can I interest you in joining Lady Esdeath's army?" Liver started to persuade us into joining them. "With your strength, you could rise to second-in-command."

"I have absolutely no desire to serve the empire again." Liver would not give up. He kept talking about General Esdeath which made me stand up bursting full of anger.

"If she's so amazing, WHY DON'T YOU GO AND MARRY HER?" I stood up as my sword started forming a tremendous amount of red, purple and black smoke. This was the trump card I was afraid to use. It occurs every time I was angry. Changing me from human to another race. A reaper, grim reaper that eats the souls of anyone in its path.

I hand was placed on my shoulder stopping my transformation. I turned around but I couldn't see who it was. He chanted something when I let my guard down. I couldn't feel my legs so I fell to the ground speechless of his act.

My vision started to become a bit clearer but still not enough. It was gradually getting better but I kept quiet so that he wouldn't make my vision blurry again. My legs also began to move slowly. I kept the act up until I saw Tatsumi's friend properly making me so shocked. He's from ... Night Raid. I swiftly snuck behind him and stabbed my sword right through his stomach. I gave him a smirk as he turned around seeing me push my sword deeper into his skin. His face was full of hate and regret. "Oops, did I miss?" I paused for a second and let out an evil laugh. "Nope, looks like this is my lucky week. Two Night Raid members in a week. Bulat, nice to meet you. I'm afraid this will be your final day to survive so live it while you can. Is Tatsumi here one of your friends as well or is he just an innocent person?" I paused for a second to think if I was to kill Tatsumi or not. "He's the only one I've ever seen with such a bright aura. I think I'll spare his life." I clenched onto my sword a little harder. "I have to say, good luck with your next move." I swiped my sword away to the left slightly cutting his stomach.

"Very smart Jan, well done!" My entire body was frozen. I knew I should have finished him off when I had the chance. "I was gonna spare your life since we're related but I guess there's no saving you. You're definitely a monster", he walked up to me and whispered in my ear. "The name's Shadow Leo. You'll find out why I'm giving you a final chance to survive after I take off this mask but that's not gonna happen."