Chapter 6

Ran?

The cold breeze came in like a shooting star on top of the skyscraper. The white magician accessed through the roof, bringing up the biggest emerald jewel above his head, adjusting to face the moonlight. He saw no hidden jewel inside within a jewel and lower his arms down. Straight of the corner of his eyes, the witch descended from the air with her own broomstick.

She laughed, grinning wickedly as the thief twisted around to her. He glared at her, as always she was a trouble and nuisance. Nothing good comes from this witch, that's what Kaito thought although he does treat her like most people. That goes the saying, 'No one gets hurt in my heists.'

"Akako, what is it?" Kaito's poker face plastered on his face as steadily became not amused. The witch laughed as she landed, holding her broom.

"Kaito, a curse." She said.

The sudden wind went through them once more, flapping Kaito's cape around. Kaito glared at her and jokingly smiled as if she was really joking.

"Hmm? What is it that curse?" He hummed.

"Not even believing me, aren't you?" She grinned, sitting on her floating broomstick. "I put a curse on you. A powerful curse. It couldn't be lifted, and never will. You see, if you meet once again that detective, the time will run out. Given the fact, you have 2 months, and that's the end of you."

"Ho~~ I see. I wonder about that, Koizumi." He grinned. "But that will never stop me from meeting him, wouldn't it? I'll make him mine before I die, and besides, wouldn't there be a solution to lift that curse up?"

"Hmph, stupid. Nothing could make the curse lifted. Nothing at all. Also, you wouldn't able to get him be yours, my orb says so."

The helicopters were coming and the shouting from behind the door gradually got louder. Kaito had to leave the building before anything will go wrong. He dashed and halt on the edge of the building, looking back at Akako.

"We will see about that." His grin grew on his face as he fallen, releasing his hang glider and glided through the city that is full of life.

Akako's face didn't seem amused. She knew he was going to die anyway, and she lied about how the curse wouldn't be lifted. It could, for at least the detective would fall in love with Kaito. If that's possible, she thought.

***

Kaito's mind already flashed the scene back in that time. Hurling his own thoughts that could possibly go wrong. Already it was a grave mistake, too early. It was going to end for him, and nothing couldn't go what the thief wanted. He sat down on the couch in the living room, still having the scenes where Shinichi ask him for the boxers. His cheeks grew deep red and slap himself, shaking his head to forget about it.

It was time, he heard Shinichi calling his name as Kaito whip his head around. He cursed himself, trying to maintain his poker face and loosen his tense. Remain in his posture, he saw Shinichi come in through the living room, looking casual in his clothes. With no doubt, his looks got in Kaito's view, although he has to remember that he needs to stay away from him a while so Shinichi wouldn't get the wrong idea.

"Kaito, uh, thanks for the clothes." Shinichi thanked Kaito. He sat down on the couch opposite of Kaito. Realising the thought once more, Shinichi knew it was really an embarrassing thing to do, however, Kaito looks perfectly fine. He was twitching for a start, but remained normal and casual, in Shinichi's view. On the other hand, Kaito is thinking what is going on in Shinichi's head? Is he actually wearing his boxers?