Chapter 11

Tonight, Kaito is the bad guy

Kaito smirked, as he was now disguised by one of the police officers, blending in with the other officers. He heard several different plans when being near with the inspector, chuckling under his breath hearing the inspector's most simple plans once more. Though he sensed a detective he always hated for so long. Hakuba Saguru. Why, oh why did he came back?

He came to wonder, and just peering through the crowd of police officers, he saw Shinichi. He smiled. Of course, everything is fun when he's here. Kaito glance at his watch and see it was only 50 mins till it starts. While doing so, Jii-chan probably finished putting up the traps he would suggest.

It was still quite a long time. Just listening to their amusing conversation, Shinichi and Saguru, smirked. Though they did not talk about anything important yet. However, then...

'Do you ever just think who is just Kaitou Kid is?' Hakuba asked Shinichi. Shinichi sigh.

'Not quite sure, I have no clear idea of who it might be.' Shinichi state.

'Well, I got one good idea that who could be that thief.'

'Who?'

'Kuroba Kaito.'

Kaito almost fell down to the ground after hearing that. That lousy detective is suspecting him? He's been saying that and kept talking how Kaito is Kaitou Kid. Kaito keeps denying but Hakuba keeps pestering him. Loads of reasons why Kaito hates Hakuba. He presses his earphone to his ear, kept on listening to their conversation.

'Hmm...now you got me suspecting him. It could be but no way. How could you be so sure when you don't exactly have any evidence, Hakuba-kun?'

'I did some research about him. His height, hair, body, his IQ, his date of birth, everything.'

'You did? Well, why haven't you gave the report to the police yet?'

'I think I will give him time before putting him in jail. Also will want to catch him with my own hands.'

Kaito chuckled. There's no way anyone is able to catch him, the greatest magician and a thief. Is just simply how it is. Slipping out of the police's grasp. He's better than all of them out there, he's confident.

'Hey, there's something under your collar.'

'Huh?'

'Here, let me take it.'

Kaito slightly panicked. However, he knew this was coming.

'This is a listening device.'

'Certainly is. Probably from that thief. Ah! I think it was the woman back then. Could've known I pulled her face.'

'What an intelligent thief, yet stupid-'

It has been cut off, more like it got crushed by Hakuba. Kaito smirk as he looked down his watch again. Soon it was about time, what plans have the thief been thinking?

With a disguised as a police, he told other policemen to bring out something. They all obeyed him as they all run off towards somewhere where the Inspector wasn't glaring at them. It was almost time, and all it matters is now.

***

"Well, now what?" Hakuba asked Shinichi as he frowned slightly.

"He's out there somewhere. Hiding as a disguise in those police groups. We wouldn't know. He has gotten clever these few years even I never chased him before."