Chapter 7

Ran's desire

Kaito strolled down to the University. People were also entering, but not way too crowded. However, he felt really tired because of Aoko that is. She kept nagging how he never cleans up his house very often, and already Kaito is sick of her complaints. He exhaled, slouching as he kept on walking. In a flash, right at the corner of his eyes, he saw the Detective motioning down to the entrance of the building. He twisted his head to him, smiling, halfway calling his name until...

Who is that?

He became uneasy. His feelings were suddenly baffled and upset. The most unfortunate overwhelming sadness erupting inside him, shattering his heart. The view he is looking to, spotlights over the two people and everything else is dark. (Anime logic, shush)

Who is that girl?

Moments of everything he thought of wasn't really a nice thing he would've imagined. He watches him who is he with a figure of a girl walking in front of the entrance. Kaito shook his head and began to walk again. He wanted the feeling to get out of his head. Could be that be one of his female friends? Hoping yes, it would be. Ruffling his head agitated, he removed the thought and briskly accelerated to the Detective and the girl.

"Shinichi?" Kaito said slowly. Shinichi peaked behind him, surprised to even see him here in front him. Ran followed also, looking at Kaito shocked. He would think he would most likely meet him in the park of the University, but now, it wasn't a great time. Ran is here, for no whatever reason why with him now. He saw Ran several times before back when Shinichi was Conan. Kaito haven't seen her lately but now?

"Oh, it's you. How you been?" Shinichi asked, smiling. Ran began to smile softly. "Hello there." She said as she bows down slightly. Kaito blushed faintly but not too much to get them to notice his blush. Although he does quite admit that she looks mature and beautiful.

"I-I am fine, though who is this person?" Kaito asked before Ran began to be apologetic.

"Sorry! My name is Mouri Ran, Shinichi's childhood friend. I presume you're Kuroba? Shinichi told me about you when we were walking here."

"Yes. I am indeed. Kuroba Kaito, a magician extraordinaire!" He stated confidently. He brought out his hand towards the girl and snap his fingers and twist it around in the process, popping out a crimson red rose in front of her. She gasp in astonishment, reaching the flower automatically and blush. Kaito bent his slightly and took her hand and laid a peck her backhand. He lifted his head and grin while she continued blushing.

Shinichi was quite disgusted by how is he even doing this. How he never knew what was his true self, or was it that he was acting. He gave Kaito a fiery glare which Kaito took notice of his intense presence and jerk back. Kaito nervously laughed under his breath. Never play around with his cute friend, he guessed.

"Ah...Thanks for the flower Kuroba-kun. I have to go now, my Dad needs me and he will be angry if I won't be there in time. Bye!" She waved and went off. Both boys watch her jogging away and went back to look at each other.

"So...is that your girlfriend?" Kaito asked, hoping it's not just a girlfriend.

Shinichi waved his hand and sigh,"No, no. We're just friends and nothing between us. She did used to have a boyfriend, but disappointingly, her boyfriend broke up with her, made her heartbroken sadly. Seriously, why did she decide to go out with him, tch." Shinichi clicked his tongue, gazing in the other way.

Kaito gave him a weird look although Shinichi never bothers to look at him. "So anyway, who is this person?" Kaito questioned him, curious about it for no whatever reason.