Chapter Three

"Um.. Where is Kate?" My voice comes out smaller than intended. My hands are clenched around the towel wrapped around my waist and my eyes keep darting down to make sure the towel is securely covering me.

He looks up at me, the corners of his mouth lifting slightly but he doesn't say a word.

"I'm sorry, did you not hear me? Where is Kate?" I repeat a little louder, trying to be a little more polite this time.

The assumed expression on his face magnifies and he finally mumbles, "I don't know," and opens Kate's laptop that is resting on the end of her bed. What is he even doing here if he doesn't know where she is? Doesn't he have his own room? I bite my tongue, keeping my rude comments to myself.

"Okay, well do you think you can leave or something? I need to get dressed." I realize that he hasn't even looked at me long enough to notice I am soaking wet in a towel, or he has but it doesn't phase him.

"Don't flatter yourself, it's not like I'm going to look at you," he scoffs and rolls over, his hands covering his face. He has an English accent that I didn't pick up on before. Probably because he was too rude to speak to me. Why is he here in Washington? Unsure how to respond to his comment, I just huff and walk to my dresser. Did he think I wanted him to look at me while I was naked? Is that what he meant by saying, "Don't flatter yourself?" That's crazy. I quickly pull my boxers and my khaki pants and pull over my navy shirt shortly after that.

"Are you done yet?" he asks, snapping the last bit of patience I held.

" Could you be anymore disrespectful? I mean honestly, you're in my room while I change and you are being rude to me? I did nothing to you, what is your problem?" My voice reached a higher volume than I expected, but by the look on his face, my words had the intended effect on the tattooed boy.

He silently stares at me and while I am waiting for his apology, he bursts into laughter. He looks at me and just laughs. His laugh is a deep and almost lovely sound, that is if it wasn't to adamantly be a jerk. He continues to laugh and I'm left feeling like a complete idiot, unsure what to do or say. I don't usually like conflict and this boy seems like the last person I should start a fight with.

The door opens and Kate bursts in.

"Sorry I'm late. I have a hell of a hangover," she dramatically holds her head then her eyes move rapidly between me and our visitor.

"Sorry Castiel, I forgot to tell you Dean was coming by," she shrugs apologetically, taking in the scene in front of her.

I would like to think me and Kate could make out living arrangements work, maybe even build some sort of friendship, but with her choice of friends, I'm not so sure anymore.

"You're boyfriend is rude," the words tumble out before I have time to catch them.

They both burst into laughter. What is with people laughing at me today? My temper is holding on by a thin thread.

"Dean is not my boyfriend!" she laughs, emphasizing the not.

"What did you say to him?" Kate turns to scowl at him. "Dean has a unique way of conversing," she explains, looking back to me. Great, so basically she's saying Dean is simply just rude. The English boy shrugs and continues messing around on Kate's laptop.

"Hey, there's a party tonight, you should come with us," she offers and now it's my turn to laugh at her.

"Parties aren't really my thing, and I have to go to the store to get some stuff for my side of the room," I glance at Dean who is, of course, pretending that neither Kate or I are in the room.

"Come on, it's just one party! You're in college now, one party won't hurt," she begs. "How are you getting to the store, I thought you said you didn't have a car?" she asks.

I am not going to a party.

"I won't know anyone, and I was going to skype with Beckette." I tell her and Dean laughs lightly, acknowledging he is paying attention to us after all, "And I was planning on taking the bus to the store."

"You do not want to take the bus on a Saturday, trust me. They are way too packed, Dean can drive you to the store on the way to his place.. right Dean? And then just meet us at the party. Just come, please?" She presses her hands together in a dramatic plea.

I have only known her for a day, should I trust her? I know despite how tough she looks, she is quite sweet. But a party?

"I don't know, and I don't want Dean driving me to the store." I say. He rolls over to face us now and has an amused expression on his face.

"Oh no! I was really looking forward to hanging out with you!" He says as sarcastically as possible and I want to throw a book at his head.

"C'mon Kate, this boy will not show at a party," he laughs with his thick accent. The nosey side of me is dying to find out where he is from, but I refrain. The mocking grin on his face is urging me to prove him wrong.

"Actually, why not? I'll go." I say with a big smile. Dean laughs again and Kate makes a very high pitched noise and wraps her arms around me.

"Yay! We'll have so much fun!!" She shrieks.

I hope she's right.