nine

"This time I'm ready to run
Escape from the city and follow the sun
Cos I wanna be yours
Don't you wanna be mine?
I don't wanna get lost in the dark of the night

This time I'm ready to run
Wherever you are is the place I belong
Cos I wanna be free
And I wanna be yours
I will never look back now, I'm ready to run...

I'm ready to run."

Ready to Run
______________
I run towards Phil and he instantly wraps his arms around me, cradling my body protectively.

"Faggots." The man spits and runs off.

"We should call the police." Phil says, still hugging me.

"No, don't. He didn't have time to do anything." I reply.

I cling on to him, and we just stand there, in the middle of the street. At this point all my thoughts stopped haunting me. I knew that I didn't need an excuse to be with Phil. If he made me feel this way, I was going to stick with him. And if he didn't feel the same, he'd leave.

"I'm sorry." He says after a while.

"For what?"

"I don't know. Not calling you, or texting to find out how you are. Sorry for not being the one you deserve."

I pull away and examine his eyes, and he smiles sadly. I smile back, hesitantly tracing his cheek.

"I'm sorry too." I say, and kiss him.

He sighs with relief into the kiss, gently but eagerly pulling me closer, deepening it. When I finally pull away he giggles, and looking at his stupidly innocent and gorgeous blue eyes I laughed too, our foreheads touching.

"You're so cute." I simply say, taking a break from the eye contact to watch my fingers trace his neck.

"I could say the same for you, Howell." He replies instantly and I feel myself going red.

He brings his hand up to touch mine on his neck, and our fingers intertwine. Still holding hands we walk down the middle of the road. Once we turn, he stops to face me with a serious yet soft expression.

"I quite liked walking you down the middle."

"You do realise how weird that sounds?"

He laughs, and squeezes my hand.

"I know...

But I promise, I'll do that again sometime."

I face him with a confused expression, and he gives me a sly look, before kissing me on the cheek, and leading me to his hotel that I spent too much time at already.

"Would it be okay if you slept over here tonight? I don't want you walking home alone again." He asks.

"Is that even a question?" And this time it was his time to blush.

He leads me in, the smell of cinnamon enveloping me. I breathe in thankfully. It smelt like home to me. A safe place.

He slides my jacket off my shoulders, brushing his hand along my waist by accident, and I shiver. He then takes my hand and leads me to a sofa in the small corridor.

I smile, as he sits on the kitchen counter. (I didn't know why he had a kitchen in a hotel room, but hey). He looks at me and beckons me closer, and once I do so he suddenly grabs my hand and pulls me in so the front part of my waist is touching the counter top and his dangling legs are on either side of me.