eighteen

Rain on, a thunder sky
Wherever there's smoke, there'll soon be fire
What could bring bad luck,
I've been looking at you too much
And from the outside, from the outside
Everyone must be wondering why we try.
Why do we try?

Wildest Moments

____________________________________________________________

Phil's POV

I call a taxi and direct them to our apartment. It was a short ride, as the hospital wasn't very far, and the sirens could be heard blaring even in mine and Dan's videos in the apartment. I smiled to myself, and gaining nothing but nostalgia and a strange look from the driver, got out of the car.
Trudging myself towards the escalator I go up to our floor and come out, taking my time to slot the keys into place before swinging open the door and being greeted with the faces of PJ, Chris, Alicia and Hana, all making themselves at home and standing up immediately when they heard me come in.

"Suprise!" Hana said, walking up to me and placing her hands on either sides of my head, examining my bloodshot eyes and mop of hair, before hugging me tight and letting the others join in too. So we stood in the corridor, all huddled up for a few moments, before Alicia wormed out of the heap.

"We got you popcorn!" She grins, leading me to the kitchen and showing me stacks of microwaveable corn, one already in the microwave, making satisfying popping sounds.

"Don't you think that's enough popcorn for Phil to last a year?" Chris laughs, raising his eyebrows.

"It really isn't!" I respond, laughing and hugging Alicia as gratitude.

"Love you too, Lester." She says, ruffling my hair.

"Oi!" I whine, looking in the mirror and trying to sort it out.

"It's alright, it looks shit anyway." PJ says casually, leaning on the kitchen counter and taking the popcorn out of the microwave, popping a piece in his mouth.

"PJ!" Alicia exclaims.

"A good kind of shit though. I swear. Popcorn?" He apologetically hands it to me.

"I'm not sure I'll ever forgive you for offending my hair like hat."

"Am I not holding popcorn in my hand right now or something?"

"Very true." I nod, taking a fistful out of the packet and shoving it in my mouth. "Sorry guys, would you mind if I go sort myself out a bit? I look like a mess. I'll be back soon, you make yourselves at home or whatever. Would that be alright?"

"Of course. Go do your thing, take as much time as you need." Alicia replies.

"You made that sound so wrong, Alicia." Hana mutters, smirking behind a glass of Ribena.

"Not again!" The whole group groans, some already on the couch putting a DVD in.

"Good to see you too, Hana." I laugh, as she takes an innocent sip from the glass and hops off the counter, shuffling to the living room. She sat on a bean bag in front of the sofa, which was already occupied.

"Honestly Phil, this fucking sofa crease goddamnit!" Chris swears loudly from the other room as I'm about to disappear into the bathroom.