Chapter 3: The Date

ⓛⓘⓕⓔ ⓘⓢ ⓐ ⓑⓔⓐⓒⓗ

ⓒⓗⓐⓟⓣⓔⓡ 3: ⓣⓗⓔ ⓓⓐⓣⓔ

Rays of light from the bright morning sun streamed through my window. I squinted a little at first before letting out a satisfied sigh. I have always been a morning person, maybe due to the fact that I usually get up at the crack of dawn to go surfing anyway. I loved waking up to the morning sun and snuggling into my quilts.

Looking out the window I saw the beautiful early morning, blue sky scattered with an array of white, puffy clouds. I smiled before rushing to my closet and throwing on my bikini and a white loose t-shirt. Bounding down the stairs, I fling open the back door with a great welcoming. I grab my surfboard leaning against the post and open the gate to the path. Bailey wasn't coming to the beach this morning. Hangover.

It was later than usual - ten in the morning - and the sun was already making it's tracks in the sky as I padded across the sand. It was beautiful out; the water was sparkling under the suns intense rays, making the turquoise waves look gorgeous.

I kept travelling across the beach until I met the outskirts of the rocks that surrounded the edge of the beach. Taking my normal rout, I handled my stepping carefully as I traipsed across the rocks. With a surfboard in hand, it wasn't the easiest task to do, carefully avoiding the crevices and pointy edges.

Finally, I made it to the other side of the rocks, where I was met with dense bushland. Luckily, I knew my way off by heart as I travelled across the slightly eroded path way, rounding the corner to a deserted beach. Smiling, I stepped onto the soft sand of the small beach I had called mine for so long. The waves were crashing beautifully, unseen by anyone else, as a formation of rocks a hundred yards either side of me hid it from sight

My little cove has the tons of memories per square inch of this place. Bailey and I used to hang out here all the time, surfing, building sandcastles, and we even made a cute little tree house near the small wooded area. Eventually Bailey came here less and less, until this place was but a memory. But, I don't mind. I love it here; being alone. I have time to clear my head and think.

I got a tonne of good waves before I decided to take a break. I briefly checked my phone. Shit. It's 11:20. I ran home and took a quick shower. I decided on a white strapless beach dress and complimented it with some light brown leather flip-flops. I added a light brown leather belt around the waist and some bracelets to complete the look. I put on a bit of make-up and perfume before I left with my phone and wallet. I drove quietly to Coastal Edge Tavern, the best cafe-style restaurant in town. They had everything from seafood (which was delicious) to a steak; all of which is good.

An excited feeling was buzzing around in my stomach - nerves. The drive to Coastal Edge Tavern was short; I probably would have walked if I wasn't already ten minutes late. Hopefully he wouldn't think I had bailed him.

Pulling into a parking spot, I jumped out and walked up to the entrance. As expected for a Saturday, there were quite a few people sitting out on the wooden deck. Soft music played in the background, loud enough to be heard, but quiet enough to also notice the calm sound of the waves crashing right in front of us.

I spotted Ashton in some khakis and a light yellow polo. Striding over to the table, I felt all nerves disappear.

'Hey there!' I said, flashing a grin as he glanced my way. A grin broke off on his face.

'Hey yourself!' He jumped up from his seat, wrapping me in a hug, before pulling out my chair. A blush dusted my face, as I sat down.

'Sorry I'm late.' He waved his hand dismissively.