Chapter 3 || Beach Party

|| Alice's POV ||

My mom picked me up from school and I told her about the dormitories.

"Yeah, I got the email this morning I'm fine with it as long as you are but I will miss my baby so you have to call and visit as much as you can."

"I will mom it'll be fine I'm still only gonna be like 15 minutes away." I say.

"I know, I know."

"Heyyyyy mommmmmm," I say in my sweetest voice, "I was invited to a beach party tonight, can I gooooooo?"

"Yes, of course. Are there going to be any boys there?" I do a small nod, "Fine, just don't tell your father."

"Yay, thank you mommy!! My friend Rebecca is going to pick me up at 7."

Once we arrive home, I quickly eat dinner with my family and head upstairs. I curl my hair and put on a flower crown. I then slip on a pale yellow sun dress and some sparkly sandals. Then I apply some gold eyeshadow a nude pink lipstick and some mascara, then grab my phone. I wait for a few minutes on my couch going through my Instagram feed. I hear a beep from outside and look out my window and see Rebecca waving to me from her brother's car. I skip outside and get into the car.
"Alright we're all set!" Rebecca informs her brother.

|| Scott's POV ||

I arrived at the beach party with Dustin and Wyatt, Wyatt when to go find Charlotte, his girlfriend and Dustin went to find Daisy, his girlfriend. I was left all alone. I decided to get something to drink, I went to the drink stand and asked for a lemonade. Opal, a friend of Daisy and Charlotte's was standing at the stand sipping a white drink that looked like Gatorade.
"Hey Scott, what's up?" She said walking over to me.

"Nothing much, just waiting for someone."

"Who?"

"You know the new girl?"

"Ya..."

"I really like her and I just think this is a great opportunity to get to know her, ya know?"

"Well that's to bad," she said with a smirk.

"Why?" I say furrowing my brow.

"I heard she has a boyfriend already." I knew she was lying.

"Well when she gets here I'll be sure to ask her about him." I said then turned away from her and headed towards the parking lot to wait for Alice.

|| Alice's POV ||

When Rebecca and I arrived at the party I was astounded. There were fairy lights decorating a large bungalow that students where dancing in. The waves were crashing against the shore and students were laughing while roasting marshmallows. Some students were playing volleyball even though they had to set up flashlights to see. Then I saw him, Scott. He was wearing a loose whit t-shirt and grey jeans his hair was styled in a perfect quiff, he jogged over and greeted us.

"Hey Alice!" He greeted me warmly.

"And Rebecca!" Rebecca waved obnoxiously.

"Of course! And Rebecca..."

"Hi Scott!" I replied breaking the awkward silence.

"Um... Oh here," he said as he handed us some sparklers, "they're for tonight."

"Thanks!" I said with a smile.

"Scott, Rebecca get over here we're gonna start!" An unfamiliar voice said.

"Come on," Scott motioned us towards the bonfire, "you're in for a treat, beach parties are always tons of fun, but first we always start with a traditional game of truth or dare."