Chapter 4 || Bonfire

|| Alice's POV ||

I followed Scott towards the bonfire and took a seat between Rebecca and Evie. The following events are some of the strangest-slightly-embarrassing-definitely-memorable-moment-of-my-life.

"Everyone settle down it is time to take the oath!" a girl says with a dramatic flourish of her hand.

"Repeat after me: I, your name," everyone followed her and created a clash when saying their names all at once, "promise to oblige to whatever truth or dare the council gives me. Also, I promise that whatever truths are revealed in this bonfire never leave the bonfire from my mouth and whatever dares are committed during this bonfire are never to be talked of outside of the bonfire." Everyone repeated what the girl said.

"Okay Emma, okay, you can sit down now." a boy says. The girl who recited the oath, also known as Emma, took a seat on the sand ground.

Next I saw a girl introduced to me as Opal stand up with a very old looking water bottle. She placed the bottle on the ground and spun it. It pointed toward the popular girl I saw early at the assembly.

"Alright Daisy, the bottle has spoken, do you choose truth or dare?" Opal said.

Daisy giggled with excitement, "I choose dare." She said smirking.

"Okey-dokes go and stand next to the refreshments stand while the council decides your fate." Opal replied to Daisy.

"Alright council any dare suggestions for Daisy Adams?" The circle of people around the bonfire began to whisper to each other.

Evie leaned over and started talking to me, "Hey! Any good dare ideas for the queen bee herself?"

"No not that I can think of." I said, it was a white lie, I knew a few good dares from my old school, but I didn't really know if they were too middle school or if I wanted to make the most popular freshman hate me.

"Come on you have to have a few good dares?" Evie pushed.

"Only a few but they're not that good."

"It's okay if they aren't you don't have to share them to the council, but at least tell me."

"Did you guys used to do this all of middle school?"

"Yeah, we had a really big middle school so most of the people that went to our middle school are here."

"Oh wow."

"Yeah now tell me some of those dares!"

"Well she could shave a guys legs, brush her teeth in front of everyone, make out with a random council member, or post something embarrassing on Instagram or Twitter, but that's all I've got."

"Oh my gosh those are awesome!" Evie said giggling, "you HAVE to suggest those to the council, those are some of the best original dares I've ever heard!"

"Okay! I will suggest them!"

A few minutes later Opal walks to the middle of the bonfire and begins to ask people for their dares. Most people have the usual have her kiss someone, but we decide to turn it down because she would just kiss Dustin who's her boyfriend. When it gets to Evie and I, Evie suggest all the things I said, they all laughed and giggled and said those would be perfect. We end up voting between having to kiss a random council member or posting something embarrassing on her social media.

We end up voting for her to kiss a random council member who isn't Dustin. Opal goes over to the refreshment stand and tells her to come to the bonfire.

"Daisy Adams you have to kiss a random council member who isn't Dustin!" Opal announces.