Chapter 10

"Freshmen!"

Thousands of people, trampling and running through the entrance and halls.

Anarchy.

A group of guys stood by a glass case of trophys, chattering and punching each other.

Football guys.

One looked over at me, his brown curly hair falling into his eyes. I quickly looked away, not wanting any attention directed toward me.

Thankfully, he didn't strike conversation.

Thankfully...

A girl bumped into me, blonde hair wiping my face with a gentle sting.

"Oops! Sorry!" She giggled, trotting off with a group of friends.

"Its OK." I mumbled.

I shook the anxiety off, pulling my schedule from the pages of a Harry Potter book, flipping the crumpled page open.

"Integrated psychics and chemistry. Room 134." I mumbled to myself.

Pointing my eyes ahead, I traced the doors along the hall, figuring the numbers from bigger to smaller until I found room 134.

A skinny man, bald; frail.

He looked up at me, bringing his watch to his eyes before sniffling.

"You're early!" He said, his voice monotonous.

"Sorry. I just-"

He waved off my words.

"Name?"

"Katana."

He grunted, before pointing a bony finger to the middle of the room at a desk.

"Your seat is there."

I heaved my books into my arms, feeling gravity weigh my bones down.

"Than-"

A sharp ringing echoed from the intercom in the room. A rumbling of feet shuddered the walls, as people piled in like wild hyenas, laughing at nothing and anything. The skinny man directed them all to their appointed seats. Juniors sat on the desks, swinging their legs underneath them as they blew bubbles and smiled tastelessly into thin air.

"Ahh~" the boy sighed, looking over at me with a coy smile.

I ignored his gesture, placing my chin in the palm of my hand, blowing a piece of air to wipe my choppy bangs from my eyes.

"Freshmen?" he asked amused, tapping his fingers along the desk.

I grunted.

"Alright folks!" The skinny man said, "My name is Dr. Hembree."

I'll just call you skinny man.

purgatoryजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें