Chapter Two

Lance rushed into the hospital, despite the camera on him from the paparazzi. He could see the headlines now. "Lance, Johto's Champion visits girlfriend Iris in hospital." Or something like that. Being known all over the world of Pokémon, Liris was a famous couple that everybody loved. They could never get privacy for themselves but that's the way it was.

"Lance! What happened to Iris? Lance! Over here! Lance!" A few reporters tried to get his attention.

"Excuse me." He grabbed the nurse's attention, "What room is Iris in?"

"304." She answered, getting up, "Let me take you to her."

"Thank you."

He followed the nurse as she took him to where his girlfriend was. "What happened to her?" He asked, concerned.

"Don't know. The medics wheeled her in and she and her Pokémon were in pretty bad shape. Her friend Shauntal found her unconscious in her room and she called for help. She's and Caitlin are with her right now. They rode in the ambulance." She informed him.

The nurse knocked on the door before opening it. Caitlin stood to meet her. Her eyes met Lance's and she stepped aside for him to see Iris. She looked so broken. Her pokebelt rested beside her. The pokeballs were scattered on the table and unbothered.

Sparky's Luxury Ball was still there. Lance picked it up and pressed the button. It opened but nothing came out. He stared at it, observing it, wondering why Zekrom wasn't present.

"Where's Zekrom?" He asked aloud.

"We don't know." Shauntal answered, softly.

Lance closed it's pokeball and then sat beside Iris. He took her hand in his and rubbed it. He needed to know what happened to his girl. Who did this to her and why?

"Iris, I'm here." Lance soothed. He rubbed her forehead and kissed it. "I'm here, don't worry. I'm here."

Iris slowly woke up, fluttering her eyelids. She tried to sit up but Lance stopped her. He took off his cape and wrapped it around her, planting another kiss on her forehead.

"L-Lance." She gave him a real tight hug and he looked over at the two elite four members and they looked back at him then stepped out to give the two privacy.

"Iris, what happened to you?" Lance asked, stroking her back in a gentle manner.

"Lance...I-I-I- Zekrom is gone. I'm such a f-failure!" Iris burst into tears.

"What?" He gasped in horror, "Iris what happened?"

"Ghetsis. T-The Team Plasma leader. H-He tricked me. He froze my room to weaken my dragons a-and he used some new Pokémon. S-Something I never seen before a-and-"

Iris continued to cry and Lance held her in his arms, rocking her back and forth to try and calm her down. He wished he could've protected her from him.

"I'm s-sorry, Lance. You told me to be careful w-with it and I fa-ailed..."

"Iris I don't care. All I care about is your safety. He could've killed you. I could've lost you. It's okay. I promise."

"H-He took Sparky... He fused it with that Pokémon..."

"Fuse? Haven't they tried that before? Froze your room? Ice type? I've heard about that Pokémon before. Was it a dragon?"

"Y-Yes..."

"Kyurem. It had to be."

"Yeah. I think that's w-what he called it."

Lance wiped Iris' tears away and held her face in his hands. He smiled small and pressed his forehead against hers. "Pretty girls shouldn't cry." He gave her a quick peck on the lips.