Chapter Three

The blinding lights of the flashing cameras were in their faces as they left the hospital, escorted by security. Drayden lead the way, his arm around Iris protectively. Three days in the hospital and this is the type of things she had to deal with. No privacy.

Iris climbed in the van carefully as she tried not to to hurt her ribs even more than they were. Lance helped her out and she looked back at him and smiled small. He winked and climbed in behind her. Clair watched the two and smiled to herself. She loved their relationship. Sure they could be annoying with all of the lovey-dovey things but they were just teenagers in love.

"Lance." Iris looked down at her fingers, fidgeting with them, as if she didn't know what to say. He reached over and wrapped his arm around her, making her look up at him in his eyes. Maroon to Crimson.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to." Lance told her, "It's okay."

"I just don't feel like a champion anymore..." She whispered, dejectedly.

"You are and you will always be my little champion." He ruffled her hair making it fall back into place.

Her cheeks reddened at the sudden peck on the cheek. She felt her face grow warm at that. She rested her head on his shoulder and he pulled her in close. Drayden watched them from the rearview mirror after getting in the car. He remembers when he was that young and he had a girlfriend. They reminded him of his long term relationship at that age.

Clair being the oldest of the trio in her early twenties, was engaged. She knew what it was like being in love. She was engaged to a Dragon Tamer from their village. He wasn't too well known because he wasn't as famous as Clair and that's the way she liked it so that her love life and him was protected away from the public. She never spoke about her love life really.

They all didn't but Lance and Iris' relationship got out by people spying on them on a date and they kissed and it was everywhere. They decided to release a statement and tell people. Ever since then people care more about their relationship than their Pokémon battles.

"Iris, I'm so used to you having your Axew hiding in your hair. It was so shy. Remember that?" Clair chuckled, obviously trying to start a conversation.

"Yeah. She's all grown up now and fierce." Iris giggled.

"I didn't think you wanted to evolve her."

"I really didn't want to at first but then I realized she was ready to and so I just trained her."

"She's gotten pretty strong but she's not the only one." Clair glanced back at the younger black girl.

"Me?" Iris questioned.

"Iris yes you, silly." She chuckled.

"I don't really know about that."

"Oh come on. You tamed a legendary dragon and made a connection with it. Single handedly-"

"With you training methods, Clair. Yours, Lance's and Drayden's."

"Iris you told me yourself you went to go down deep inside Chargestone Cave to catch Zekrom and add it to your party because you wanted to change up your routine. You wanted to reward yourself for the winning streak, correct?" Drayden looked at her in the rearview mirror once again.

"Yes." Iris answered, softly.

"And you promised me you were going to train it and didn't you do so?"

"Yes but-"

"No buts. You trained it well and it loved to battle alongside you. Isn't that correct?"