Chapter Four

"Iris." A voice says.

Iris tossed over in her sleep, turning, sweating. Her teeth chattered as the cold air came over her arms.

"Iris." The voice said again, "Wake up."

Iris sat up, glancing around her room. There was some sort of ominous fog all around her. She couldn't see anything. She felt beside her for Clair but she wasn't there.

"H-Hello?" She called out.

"No need to be frightened." The voice tells her as a shadowy figure appears in front of her, "I'm friendly."

"What? W-Who are you?" Iris shivered, holding her arms.

The figure held out a hand for her to take. She was hesistant at first but then she took it. She was holding hands with the person and they lead her out the window of her bedroom.

She looked down at the ground, having to be two stories high and then back at the person. It turned to her and now showed it's face. It was a handsome young man, maybe in his late teens. He had a hat to cover his eyes and his green hair and ponytail.

"Trust me." He told her.

Iris nodded and stepped out. They were floating in midair and he flew out, holding her hand. She said nothing and let him lead the way. They got to a place where it was peaceful and quiet and sat in a tree.

"Who are you?" She finally asked him, "How do you know me?"

"My name is N." He told her, "My father paid you a visit the other day."

"Huh?"

"Ghetsis is my father." He says, softly.

Iris immediately started to panic. She got up and started to leave. N grabbed her hand and stopped her. He pulled her back to him with a "Wait!"

"L-Look. I don't want any trouble!"

"I'm not giving you any. I promise."

Iris somehow believed him. If he really wanted to hurt her he would've done it already, she thinks. Unlike Ghetsis who will do it either way. She looked back at him and he let her hand go, slowly.

"Why did you bring me here? What do you want from me?"

"I want to help you. I didn't know how to talk to you and I figured coming to your dreams was the best thing. Sorry if I scared you."

"It's okay."

"Anyways, I know what happened. I want to help you get Zekrom back."

"How do you know?"

"Because he has my Reshiram."

"Why does he have both of them?" Her eyes bulged at that.

"He's planning something and I want to know exactly what. I'm not a bad guy. I love Pokémon. They're my friends."

"I do too."

"You and I are a lot alike and I'm sure that's why Ghetsis came after us. That and our legendary Pokémon. He knows how vulnerable we can be and how we aren't afraid to put ourselves before our Pokémon. The strong compassion we feel for them and the connections."

"How do you know that?"

"I challenged you before."

Iris thought long and hard about when she had challenged this young man, then she remembers a guy with a hat and green hair she battled months ago. It ended in a draw.