Chapter 19: Who Are U?

Gwen woke to the smell of coffee. For a moment she smiled because waking to the smell of freshly brewed coffee is one of the best things in the world, along with waking up achy from mind blowing sex and waking up to find the man you love naked in the bed next to you. Gwen had two of the three.

When she opened her eyes the sheets were cold beside her. She bolted up in bed, her head quickly scanning the room. Boxes still scattered about half packed and their clothes lay twisted together on the floor. She let out a long breath realizing he had not left, yet.

It was the yet that made her completely deflate on the bed like an old tire hitting a nail on the road. She even made a sound like the tire, screaming for air. Gwen shoved her face in his pillow to inhale as much of him as she could before letting out an angered groan.

He was going, today.

Gwen was glad she indulged last night, focusing only on them enjoying their last moments together. But this morning felt like the hangover after having one too many shots the night before. Sure they were fun and carefree but she was paying for it now.

Her body ached, both good and bad. In a way she longed to cry to relieve this pain but no tears would come, only misery. There were noises coming from the kitchen, she could tell because it sounded like banging pots. Was he packing up the kitchen? Probably or maybe making her breakfast. Either way nothing he did this morning would ease this tear in her heart.

She decided to clean herself up and stop wallowing in self-pity. If she was going to be with him, then she needed to spend every last second with him. If he needed help packing that is what she would do. Gwen was thankful to have today off from the bakery so she could spend the time with Dorian.

She swung her legs over the bed, her feet accepting the coolness of the wood floor. Gwen pulled herself up and walked into the master bathroom. His was not as nice as Annalise's bathroom but at this moment she didn't care. Thoughts of relaxing in a luxurious bathroom held no appeal.

Gwen went through the motions while taking a quick shower and using his mouthwash. She felt like a zombie as she stared at herself in the slightly fogged mirror.

Knock. Knock.

She jumped from the sudden banging on the door, "Yes?"

"Hey Gwen, I'm out of eggs and I was going to make us omelets for breakfast. I'm going to run down to the corner store and pick up some. Is there anything you need?"

You to not leave, ever, she thought but didn't say. He knew anyway.

"No. I'm fine. Omelets sound nice." She turned and leaned against the cool white counter, staring at the dripping shower door.

There was a rush of cold air as he pushed open the door. Dorian was in his usual pin-up T-shirt with a pair of khaki shorts. His hair was a mess but sexy. To Gwen he looked amazing, especially with his morning stubble.

His eyes swept over her body as he walked up to her, pinning her to the counter, "Are you sure there is nothing you need?"

Despite her heartbreak she couldn't help but be drawn in by his playful nature. Gwen faked shock trying to push him away, with no luck, "What if I had been pooping Dorian?"

His face scrunched up as if he caught a whiff of what she was talking about.

"Then that would be gross and I would be justified in leaving." He flinched as he knew she would react badly to his joke. Gwen gasped and smacked him playfully on the shoulder.

"You are going to get it!" She pursed her lips and was about to grab his shirt before he darted away. He ran out of the bedroom and toward the front door with his arms waving in the air like those Inflatable Wacky Waving Tube Men.