Chapter 20: U Say Goodbye

Dorian's father is pilfering the refrigerator. He managed to find some packing tape and secured Gwen to a chair he took from Annalise's bedroom. It's one of those retro '70s office chairs that Annalise swears is so in right now. The wood and metal armrests make it impossible for Gwen to break it.

Damn, quality construction!

"You have some good stuff in here. It's been a while since I have had homemade apple pie. You must bake. Oh that's right, I saw you were going to culinary school. So, how do you know my son?" Phillip brings the food to the counter and takes out a plate while preparing his meal. He seems so at ease as if this is normal, making pleasant conversation to your hostage. Maybe this is normal for him. He does deal with terrorists.

He shovels a few bites into his mouth, moaning and rolling his eyes in satisfaction. This is the only time Gwen wished she was a terrible, maybe even poisonous baker.

"Wow, this is good. You got some talent here." He chews as he talks to her. He finally puts down his fork and comes over and kneels in front of her. His eyes gaze up at her and Gwen sneers at him, turning away to glance out the window.

"You know what? You're pretty. I am thinking my son is fucking you." Gwen's head turned back to glare at him.

"Yup, definitely fucking you. Like father like son. Of course I'm not really his dad, just helped raise him. Took that whore that was his mother in and married her when she got knocked up because I'm a good guy. My brother went and got himself killed so I did my duty to my family and married the stupid bitch." Phillip stood and cupped his hands behind his back, walking over to the window to peer out.

"I bet you didn't know that about Junior, did you? Yeah, he doesn't know that either." He turned his head slightly to glance in her direction, "And I would appreciate it if you didn't let him know. As I watched him grow something in me wanted him to think only of me as his father, is that weird?"

Phillip turned to walk over to Gwen again. She still wouldn't answer him and this time he grew angry. He clenched his jaw and frowned at her, "What do I care what a stupid bitch that's fucking my son thinks of me."

Knock. Knock.

Gwen felt all the blood drain from her body at the realization that it was most likely Dorian knocking at her door. She looked up at Phillip who grinned like the Joker in Batman.

"I wonder who that could be Gwen. Based on how you look like you've just seen a ghost I am thinking my son might be on the other side. Let's see if I am right." He swiftly skipped across the floor. Actually skipped like a school girl before calling out in a high pitched voice, "Who is it?"

"Gwen it's me, open up. Why do you sound funny?" Dorian's voice echoed through the door.

"Run! Dorian run!" Gwen yelled but it was too late. His father opened the door wide with the gun pointed straight at his son's chest.

"Oh son, it's so good to see you. It's been so long. Come give daddy a hug." Phillip stepped back and flew open his arms as if he really wanted his son to embrace him.

Dorian's face turned white and his eyes scanned the room until they landed on Gwen. That's when she saw him tense, every muscle in his body seemed to grow as he turned his heated glare at his father, "Let her go!"

"Who?" Phillip actually appeared perplexed until he turned his head and saw Gwen, "Oh, you mean stupid over there? Yeah, I don't think so son. You may be my boy but you can't have daddy's play things."

Even from across the room Gwen could see rage pass over Dorian's features. He grunted and came at his father, but his father merely stepped aside causing Dorian to almost fall to the ground. Philip sighed and walked calmly over to close the front door.