Chapter 1 ~ Wrong School

Sadly, my alarm went off. I made several muffled and annoyed noises before smacking the alarm clock, having it land on the other side of the room, broken.

"Wha..." I raised my head off the pillow. My short bedhead hair was in my mouth and I lazily pulled it out. I hopped out of bed and got dressed in a plain red shirt and common jeans, nothing special.

I went downstairs. Mom seems to be drunk... Yet again. I looked over at my mom.

"H-Heyyy, sugarplumb... You off ta school?" She said, looking like she'd fall over.

"Yeah." I poured her a glass of water. She would often get drunk, but she would never do anything bad.

"I think I put you in that school... What was it? Alpha Academy?" My mom pushed away the glass of water.

"What...!? Isn't that a boy's school!?" I cried, my tone even surprising myself.

"Aha... Oopsies..." My mom said before slamming down onto the table, passing out. I grabbed some cereal and packed.

I'm going to a boys school... I walked to the bus stop.

I'm going to a boy's school...! The five minute drive was quiet.

I'm going to a boy's school! I got to school.

"I'm going to a boy's school!" I yelled. Everyone stopped walking and looked at me like I had an extra arm. I quickly looked down. I didn't mean to blurt that out...! The school was very large and the boys there had seemed to be from rich families. A high school for spoiled rich boys? Really my opposite... Where did my mom get the money for this!?

Homeroom, eight in the morning. "Nay...My... Viori?" My teacher hopelessly pronounced my name terribly wrong. I stood up and shot my arm in the air.

"Nami. Nah-Me. Here." I immediately sat back down.

"Ah, yes... Thank you... Um... Tyler?" The teacher went on. I starred outside the window as he took care of attendance. This might be a long day...

Lunch Time, noon.
I took out my poorly packed lunch that I had made myself. Fish, sushi, and a sandwich. Ew... I ate the revolting lunch. I sat alone and watched the boys. They mostly crowded around one table, around a blond boy with stunning blue eyes. I almost choked at the sight of him. Not bad... Eh... I bet there's better. I examined the classroom, along with all the boys in it. Once again, my eyes fell on the blondie. He had his phone out and the boys were bickering all around him.

"Ooh... Look at her."

"Nah, that one's hotter."

"Wow! Check out her bust!"

"You think that's good? Look at that ass." They went on.

"To be honest, I'd bang any of 'em." The blondie commented, grinning at his phone. The boys all laughed. Fuckboy? I looked at my reflection in the window. Fuckboy. I answered myself. I can't finish eating this crap, I might as well just throw it away.

Free period, one in the afternoon.
The boys walked around school and I went to the library, seeking some quiet so I could take a nap. I picked a seat and just laid my head down on the table. Before I knew it, I had dozed off. Suddenly I felt something grab my arm. I opened one eye sleepily. The librarian? I sat up, rubbing my eyes. I noticed I had drooled onto the table in my sleep and I wiped the drool off with my sleeve.

"I'm afraid it's already time for you to go back to class!" She rushed me. I walked back to class and I suddenly bumped into someone with my chest. I fell backwards, on my behind.

"Oh, sorry." The boy said before quickly taking off. Boys at this school can be so rude! At least my chest is so flat he didn't notice anything...

Finally, my first day of school at Alpha Academy had ended. I walked back home and I noticed I was hearing constant, steady footsteps behind me, as if following me. I kept walking, listening if they'd leave. Are they following me!? I had enough. I stopped, turned around, looked up, shut my eyes and quickly yelled.

"Stop following me!" I yelled in their face. I opened my eyes. It was blondie.

"Huh? What do you mean? It just looks like we have the same route to home." He said, looking at me like I'm stupid.

"Same... Route... Home?" I repeated, confused.

"Well, yeah. My house is just over there." He pointed to a house on my street.

"Oh. Um... Sorry. Bye." I turned away and went to my house. This will be a very long year...

Little did I know that in just a few weeks that blondie would find out my secret.