Chapter 12

***Scarlett's POV:***
After 15 minutes of self-motivation, encouragement, and convincing myself to calm down, I was finally prepared to start getting ready. Daniel has yet to tell me about my role in this mystery mission, suffice to say I am quite clueless; however, if he thinks that will stop me he is dead wrong. With this new found confidence, I begin my beautification.

After a quick shower, I dry my hair and straighten it while adding some curls to the ends. AS for my makeup, I decide to go for the smokey eyed look, add some blush, lipstick, and my makeup is ready.

I look at the dress laid out on the bed, and I can already feel the knots of nervousness growing in my stomach. I'm interrupted from my thoughts by a knock on the door.

"Cupcake, you okay in there?" I hear Kyle say.

"Yeah I'm fine just getting ready."

"You might want to hurry up, Daniel is getting impatient." He replies with a hint of anxiousness.

"You can tell Daniel to try doing his hair and makeup in 30 minutes, then come talk to me." I reply,with a sigh after finally getting my dress on.

"Hey muffin, come zip me up." I say opening the door.

Kyle enters and his eyes go as wide as saucers which leads to the immediate rise of my insecurities.

"Is it that bad? Maybe I should take off the make up.." I say looking at my silver heels.

"NO! You look beautiful, don't change a thing." He replies lifting my chin up so I look at him.

Feeling uncomfortable with the staring contest going on between us, I immediately change the subject.

" Come on, make yourself of some use and zip me up." He clears his throat and moves behind me.

Kyle seems to be taking his sweet time zipping my dress, making sure to occasionally brush his hand against my back. We were interrupted by Daniel clearing his throat; he was standing by the door, with a dark look in his eyes, fists clenched, and jaw set.. this man looked ready to kill.

"There all done." Kyle says and rushes out of the room.

"I think I made it clear relationships between gang members is prohibited." He says, his voice emotionless. I ignore his statement, because I don't know what is going on between me and Kyle.

"I am ready, I just need to get my purse and we can leave."

I grab my purse and try to move past Daniel to leave the room, but Daniel has other ideas. He pushes me up against the door and says: " If you value your membership in the gang as much as you say you do, stay away from Kyle."

He leaves the room, leaving me fuming. How dare he threaten me to stay away from Kyle! I'll have to deal with him later, right now, I have a mission waiting for me.

I walk down the stairs, and I am greeted with 50 pairs of wide eyes. I look in the corner to find Daniel looking even more mad than the whole Kyle thing.

"HEY!" Suddenly all eyes snap to Daniel, and everyone is standing straighter.

"I'm going to need Scarlett and Zach on this mission." Daniel yells.

"I can go with you." Kyle says.

"No, this isn't up for discussion. You need to stay here and take care of the gang." Daniel replies sternly. Kyle gives me one last look before disappearing.

" A limousine!" I shriek. Daniel just rolls his eyes, while Zach smiles and gets into the driver's seat.

"Ok, concerning our mission. Scarlett, confidence is key, if you don't have that, our mission fails."