Chapter 15

***Jasmine's Pov:***

"But why Jasmine!!?" Rosie asks as she tries to sort all the variables out.

"Something's missing here. There's still one vital piece of information that we still don't know." I say as I start pacing up and down." It's like were reading the story but we can't understand."

"All I know is Mike Hobbs is gonna get a piece of my mind, and I'm gonna send the message through my fist!" lucas says as he unconsciously curls his hand into a fist.

"That's if we find him." Jed points out. " Shane is still at the Hospital."

I wince at his name. The thought of Shane wanting to make sure I was okay that night, and getting caught by the serial killer, and the guy practically took a knife for me, and almost bled to death, it actually makes me feel like there's more to this guy than just his hacking skills.

"Yeah, well as soon as he gets back, we're finding this"Mike Hobbs" guy and we're making him pay big time for even thinking about messing with one of us. Especially Jasmine." Lucas is almost screaming now.

"I could take care of myself Lucas," I say kind of disturbed.

"And that's exactly why I have to stay with you for a while." He says casually.

"Yeah, and that's why you're gonna get kicked in the shins real hard if you dont back off," I say mimicking his tone.

I feel my arm getting yanked to the front, and my body just practically dragged to the copy Room.

The copy room is a room smaller than I would've liked to be standing in right now. It has every printer needed for the CIA. The ordinary printer, printer that prints blue prints, maps, etc...

And guess who I was dragged by? That's right... Luacs! He pushes me hard on the wall, and locks his arms around me. His face inches firm mine.

"When are you gonna start improving your attitude with me Jasmine?!" lucas says. I can almost see the flames burning bright in his even brighter blue eyes.

I just look at him. I'm not gonna answer him. I don't want to answer him.

He slams his hands hard on the wall. I am deafened by the noise since one, his hands are right above my ears, and two, he slammed his hand that hard, I actually see them get red.

But he doesn't flinch. But neither do I.

He holds my gaze for a while, and then drops his hands in what I think is defeat.

"Jasmine this is serious,okay? I don't want you getting hurt. That low-life is still out there, and I swear I will rip him to pieces if he just tries to look at you." His blue eyes turn a shade darker.

He's...nice. But I'm not buying it.

"I really appreciate your growing concern, but I can take care of myself." I say as I make my way back to our section.

I see Jed showing Rosie something on his computer, and she starts laughing. I just grab my things, and start to head out. I reach out to grab my car keys as a hands takes them away form me.

"I'm driving you," lucas says as he doesn't even glance back and makes his way out of the building.
****************
Halfway to my house I tell lucas to take left instead of the usual right.

He asks why, and when we are far enough for him to not be able to turn back I say," I wanna go see Shane."

I see as Lucas's jaw clenches. "Why?" He asks.