four

The room was still completely dark.

I sighed, more than relieved, after I stopped breathing for a minute. What the hell was I even thinking?!

This was the worst idea I've ever had! Asking Aidan of all people to accompany me. I didn't even remember what exactly got into me but it was definetely not a concious decision I made there.

I didn't even notice that I hadn't been moving an inch since I threw Henry (the Happy meal rabbit, in case you didn't remember) against Aidan's window. Fortunately, he didn't seem to wake up and I closed my eyes just to shake my head in disbelief.

Oh, Ellie, how desperate have you been to come back to this offer?

At least my karma saved my bum this time and I turned around to quickly go to bed before I'd think of something silly again.

I took off my jumper to change into something more comfortable-

When I heard it. The sound of an opening window that was followed by a slow and raspy voice calling my name.

"Ellie?", he asked, still sounding rather sleepy, and I was sure I have never ducked faster in my life than in this very moment.

I kneed on the ground, like a scared rabbit hiding from a wolf, so he wouldn't be able to see me.

I didn't make a single sound- not even dared to breathe. The fact that I didn't have enough time to throw on a tee and was basically lying on the floor with nothing but a bra to cover my upper half, was, so to say, just the cherry on top.

"Hey, Smellie, I can still see your shadow so just come out and tell me what's up", Aidan told me and my cheeks felt like they just caught fire.

I had to put on something, anything would've been okay, so I wouldn't have to live with the fatal knowledge that Aidan, I repeat, Aidan Knight saw me in my bright pink bra that had a little dotted bow in the middle.

I crawled on the ground like some weird ninja and reached to a black top that was lying on the floor (I was lucky that I never cleaned up and my room was still a mess).

"What are you doing there? Are you playing some weird hide and seek games with me?", he said puzzled but amused at the same time. When I finally succeeded to put on the shirt without him seeing me, I decided not to run away this time as it probably would've been even more awkward then.

With my head held in shame, I knew there was no way out now so I slowly got up from my, admittedly hilarious, pose and turned around.

I didn't have the courage to look at him though so I just stood there with my messy hair, bright red cheeks and arms crossed in vain.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to wake you", I muttered quickly, hoping he would leave it at that and I could go to sleep and forget this night ever happened.

But as you have probaby already guessed, he didn't. He was too clever and malicious to believe me so he grinned and giggled when saying:

"You haven't changed one bit, have you?"

His raspy laugh irritated me a bit, but I quickly snatched back to reality to realise what he just said.

"What do you mean?", I asked confused and put on a rather annoyed face since I could tell something silly was coming just by looking at his dumb smile.

"You've always been ashamed when asking for help. I'll never forget your face when we were seven and you just couldn't open that bottle of orange juice so you finally asked me and-"