3. who is faith hall?

Faith Hall groaned as she flipped through the channels on the TV. She was wasting time. She needed to be at a photo shoot in exactly 13 minutes. She couldn't leave because the nurses ignored her persistent complaining, especially after the first 5 times of calling them in with the button used only for emergencies.

They had raced in to find her rolling her eyes and holding out an empty cup to be refilled with diet water.

Faith's arm ached with the needles that had been probed into her for the numerous amounts of tests. Doctors hadn't given her a single straight answer, only grim looks that made Faith feel nauseated.

All the headlines were either about politics or Faith herself. While Faith was pleased with her publicity, she hated the video that was repeatedly broadcast on the shows.

In addition to the humiliating footage, the skin on her hand burned intensely because of stupid coffee. It just happened to be piping hot to actually do some damage to her hand. Faith's head pounded with her heart, feeling warmer by the second. She hated hospitals.

As a kid, she always seemed to be here. Her mother's countless problems with her cancer allowed her to be raised by a hospital like the one she was in. The nurses became her caregivers and the doctors became like her many fathers. In the end, her mother passed away. Death ripped her away from Faith and there was nothing she could do about it.

Her mother was very close with Faith, actually. She taught her important life lessons and cared for her very much. She was always sleeping with other men to pay for her education. She was willing to give away her dignity, one of the few things she had left, for Faith. But when she passed, Faith's education money went straight to medical bills. Part of Faith's soul died with her mother, it seemed. Faith saw the world in black and white after her mother left her alone.

Faith had pushed that all away when she moved to another part of Germany to start a career in modeling. She always knew her body was the way to her success. Of course, there was some emptiness in her for the need to prove her intelligence. Faith also began to hate the way men degradingly looked at  her all the time. She felt disgusting as the men whistled at her or asked how much for one night.

It was barbaric.

When her agent had finally called her with a real opportunity, Faith immediately accepted. The opportunity was the chance to be Erik Durm's girlfriend, well, fake girlfriend.

Faith was smart and knew what it would mean. It would grant her more fame. So, after the gig she received more calls than before. She posed for perfume brands and clothing lines. She walked the catwalk for fashion week. She was living her dream.

Her fame seemed to soon crumble this morning. The doctor finally walked in and shook her hand.

Faith knew the look on his face and she began to stand up. She shook her head.

"No! No no no no no-" Faith began to say, louder each time.

"Miss Hall, please sit down," the doctor said calmly.

"I know what's wrong with me but please tell me it's a joke. Please tell me I passed out because I had a stroke. Please anything but what you're about to say!" Faith pleaded. It was as if she were bargaining with fate. She should've known. How could she have been so stupid?!

"Miss Hall," the doctor said in such a stern voice that Faith collapsed onto the bed, feeling the tear fall down her eye. The doctor said the words she had thought about as a 10 year old in a hospital as she watched her mom suffer.

"You have been diagnosed with cancer."

_________________________
Author's Note
Thank you so much for reading this and I realize it's been like 20 years but I really do hope you liked this and I will have an update next week (the wedding!!!!!!!)

Also, I'm thinking about starting a Thomas Muller fanfic because that seemed to get the most attention, so what do you guys think? :)

SO TELL ME WHAT DID YOU GUYS THINK OF THE CHAPTER? What do you think about some of Faith's story?!

LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH ❤️