4. they attend the wedding

Mario Gotze was appalled by the reaction of Ann-Kathrin. He had no idea that she loved him. Hell, he thought that she was just using him for his money.

There was nothing he could do now. She hated him and left so quickly that Mario didn't have time to blink.

Another caveat was that Thomas's wedding was today and he still had no date.

He groaned. But he thought about it: He was THE Mario Gotze. There was a slew of girls that were probably dying to be his date. 

He just didn't want to. He didn't feel like flirting or trying to get a girl. He merely wanting to exist for the day. Be there long enough to please Thomas for attending the wedding.

So, Mario took a shower, brushed his teeth, and styled his hair. No hair out of place. Once he had put on his suit, he attempted to put on his tie, realizing that Ann usually did it for him. 

Defeated, Mario pulled up a tutorial on his phone, ultimately settling for a clip on. He felt ashamed because of it. Finally, he drove to the venue to celebrate a love that Mario would never be able to find himself.

***

Faith said "screw you, cancer" and took a bus home. She didn't have any words to describe the way she was feeling. The very thing that had taken her Mother away from her was back to haunt her.

Her days passed by and she tried to forget the daunting tumor that was invested inside of her, but the endless calls from the doctors didn't allow that. It was inevitable.

Her career continued, with interviews and modeling jobs. Questions were thrown at her about her passing out: Faith, are you on drugs? Are you anorexic? Are you pregnant and does Erik know?

Faith smiled and shook her head. "I was just working too hard," she said with a laugh. And every time, they bought it.

Hopefully no one would ever know.

She didn't contact any family about the matter. She didn't even accept it herself. If she went to the doctor they would guilt her into treatment, which would turn her ugly. If she was ugly, she had no career. It was that simple.

Faith was okay with dying. She was living her life and bathing in fame. If she died, it would hurt no one and she would be in peace. This seemed to be the only upside of having no family or close friends.

Of course, she did have to get to this wedding soon. She only had an hour to get ready after a modeling gig, so she threw on a strapless opal colored dress, with a matching set of pearl earrings and necklace. She decided to go with flats because she was tall enough and her feet were already aching from the photo-shoot.  On her wrist was a small worn out bracelet with beads that spelled out her name. She had worn it since birth and was a small token to remember her mother. Faith didn't take it off. 

Faith didn't have a date because she never liked commitment anyways. Having cancer only confirmed this because she didn't want to like someone and then die. Her plan was to hurt the least amount of people as possible.

Faith's focus was now to live her life to the fullest. Enjoy every moment. And that's what she was going to do at this wedding.

***

It was an outdoor wedding, so the flats were a good choice, Faith thought to herself. It was quaint, but somehow large. People were laughing, snacking, and enjoying this momentous occasion. Faith couldn't help but smile as well.

She found her name on a place-card and found her table. There were a few people she recognized, some football players that were friends of Erik's.