Secrets (Or when I met you)

Flickering lights, a cold floor, and heavy breathing.

The man walked closer as the two cackling men held onto my arms. The leather bag over my head felt loose and I almost wanted to rip it off and look at what the hell was going on.

A putrid smell, water splashing, and faint lights.

Even with the limited amount of sensory input, I could definitely tell we were underground, somewhere deep. 

I soon felt the man who was walking towards me rip the mask off as I took a breath of fresh air as the open space hit my face. My eyes wandered around the large, stone gray corridor so much that I didn't even look at the man's face or, even, any of their faces; really.

The man gave a sort of hand signal to the two men to leave and they did, eagerly; with dog-like expressions in their eyes. The man then looked down at me with blank, yellow eyes and I was a little stunned by how fiercely bright they were. He wore some sort of bandana that covered his lower face; making it especially hard to really know what he looked like. You could still tell, however, that he had a very nice, slim jawline that barely touched the tips of his milky white hair.

His eyes had a small hint of what I analyzed was 'surprise' as he looked at me for the first few seconds, soon returning to that solemn look as he began to speak.

"You were in our area," He said with a mysterious tone. "Why? Are you from another gang?"

"No, plus, if you think about it; this isn't YOUR area, really," I said with a slight smirk. "I mean, it's not like you 'bought' the sewer system... I mean this is where we are, right?"

"How did you- never mind," He sighed as he adjusted his gloves, glancing back at me. "Are you planning on 'ratting' us out to your gang or something with that information?"

"Nope, that's just the thing, I ain't part of a gang. I want to be a Knight"

His eyes showed interest. "One of mine?"

"Yeah," I said with a grin, still a little nervous since I could fuck this up any minute. "It'd be... cool."

"'Cool' doesn't cut it," The man's eyes narrowed as a dark gaze fell over him. "You have to have more incentive than that."

I nodded, showing a clear and honest expression as I did so. He started walking away and lured me with a hand signal. As I followed him to a door, I listened to him as he spoke once more.

"I'll be watching you closely for your initiation month just to make sure your not some gang's spy, so don't be so sensitive if I'm in all your private life, understand?" He said with a strict, yet fairly sincere tone.

"Yes, I understand, but I'm curious;  what's your name? I mean, I do have to know it eventually; might as well know now," I said; contemplating if I should have asked him that more formally.

A slick, cool expression covered his face as he took a moment to respond.

"Katsu Tsūkon," He said. "Or officially known as the Head Knight of the White Knights, if you like hearing big titles."

"Oh," I said a little breathless and not thinking of what I was saying after I heard him. "That's a... pretty name."

I felt my chest fill with anxiety immediately after saying that; feeling as if I just signed a death wish for telling one of the most powerful gang leaders in Japan that they had a 'pretty name'.

I nervously glanced at his back as I waited to be slapped when he suddenly gave out a strange-sounding sigh that almost sounded like a 'thanks' (for some weird reason). I stood there, silently, until he began to walk away and I realized, after a few moments, to follow him into the dark tunnel and I disappeared into this darkness I was going to call 'home'...

____

Hayato snored quietly as he dreamt deeply about his first day here. He was in the quarters next to where the other members slept since today was a long mission and they weren't able to go home and sleep like they normally did. For some reason, Katsu always wanted to put him in these giant, lone rooms whenever occasions like this occurred; which always struck a bit odd to him, but he always shook it off.

Hayato continued on sleeping as a figure looked at him by the door with bright yellow eyes. His expression was unreadable as he looked over Hayato and soon, after a few minutes, left and shut the door and everything returned to the shadows and silence just moments before.

Whenever Hayato was (somewhat) awake to witness these things, it always used to creep him out and make him ponder a lot. Why would the head of the White Knights just visit certain gang members sleeping? And why him, out of everyone else? But, then again, maybe that's what Hayato got for joining his gang and becoming a White Knight.