Reveal (or when I saw you again)

Thank you, @zoeypoko101, for that strangely motivating comment ;)

Hayato had finally woken up, albeit several hours later, in a dingy old car. He rubbed his injured head as he sat up, noticing that he was planted right in the middle of the backseat. A barrier similar to a police car's blocked the space between the front and back seats as the two men from earlier chatted on. He tried to open the doors quietly with no luck, they were locked shut. Hayato sighed as he leaned back, pondering on what he should do.

"You asshat!" The driver shouted suddenly. "I can't believe you forgot the bag!"

The passenger beside him frowned, holding an ice pack over the injury Hayato caused. "It wasn't my responsibility, you were supposed to handle that!"

"It's too late anyway," The driver growled, "He's already awake."

The passenger looked back at Hayato as he said that. A disgusting smile highlighted the middle-aged man's face as he pressed a greasy hand on the barrier.

"How has the ride been for you?" The man leered, "Was it comfy enough?"

Hayato sent him an avid glare, ignoring him. "Where are you taking me?"

"To the big guy in charge, of course," He said, rubbing his chin. "I'm sure you know who that is."

Hayato blinked several times in confusion, crossing his arms. How did he even escape? There's no way he could have done it so quickly, he thought, something must have happened after I left...

"You look as if I just ran over your dog," The man laughed, interrupting his thoughts. "I'm sure Katsu will be just as excited."

"We'll see about that," The driver interjected, gripping his shoulder with a free hand. "Now, hand me that god damn map beside you or else!"

"Fine, fine! I will," The middle-aged let out a deep sigh, leaning forward. "Just take a chill pill, alright?"

As their conversation began to delve into meaningless blabber, Hayato gripped the side of his arm in anxiousness. Glancing out the window, he witnessed a flurry of trees zoom past the car as the night sky managed to grow even darker. The thought of meeting Katsu again without any protection worried him more and more as the car continued to drive on.

______

They arrived at a place similar to the area Hayato used to hang out with Katsu and the other White Knights. It wasn't a lot grimmer than the other place, but Hayato could definitely tell it was a new hideout, for sure. One thing that didn't change though was the smell of sewage nearby. It was quite nostalgic, to Hayato's surprise.

"This is going to be your room from now on," The middle-aged man laughed, leaning in towards Hayato's ear, "Hope you like it~"

The man shoved him through the doorway, chattering with the other kidnapped as they left. Hayato heard the door emit a soft CLICK as it shut itself completely. That wasn't a good sign.

The walls around him were based on a thick, gray stone. A tiny, barred window illuminated a single, wooden chair plastered onto the floor. The ground was as grimy as the dingy, old car he was kidnapped in. A dead rat laid peacefully in the corner as dozens of flies buzzed around it. It felt like more of a dungeon than any room Hayato had been in before.

There must be a way out, he thought, some way out...

He sat down in the chair reluctantly, taking a moment to breath. He was surprised he wasn't panicking like most kidnapped victims normally did. But, then again, he was a police officer so maybe that had something to do with it.

Suddenly, the door creaked open. Glancing up, Hayato watched as the door fully opened, revealing three figures before him. They were all covered in a thick veil of darkness as they inched forward.

"Interesting... I didn't expect for you to be in your seat, already," One of the men muttered in a smooth tone, "It'll be easier to tie you down, at least."

Two men beside him rushed forwards, locking Hayato's arms to the sides of the chair with rope. He tried to shake them off, but with no use. They finished tying the knot, pulling away and retreating to the corner of the dungeon-like room. Hayato bit his lip in frustration as he dug his fingernails into the chair, eyeing the shadowy figure before him.

The figure glanced at the two men, signaling them to leave. As the door shut behind them, the figure slowly stepped forward, a trickle of light revealing his expression.

"You don't seem surprised to see me," Katsu murmured, raising an eyebrow. Hayato laughed anxiously in response.

"Why would I? No one else would kidnap me beside you, Katsu."

"Tsūkon," He corrected. "You no longer have the right to call me by my first name."

Hayato sighed. "I assume you're still mad at me?"

"No, of course not," Katsu said as he let out a light growl. "I'm on perfectly good terms with you right now."

"Funny, I never considered you the sarcastic type."

"And I never considered you a traitor," Katsu responded, "But here we are."

A brief moment of silence overcame them. Katsu slowly inched closer, glancing down at him with a stern look. His breathing grew softer as he reverted to silence, eyeing him. Hayato frowned, unsure of what had caused this sudden moment of silence. Silence was never a good sign when it came to Katsu.

"Is there something... wrong?" Hayato interjected. Katsu only blinked a few times, unfazed. He seemed as if he was ready to say something, but held himself each time. A strange air grew around him, suggesting a sudden shift in attitude. Hayato began to grow even more worried as he feared for the worst. Suddenly, Katsu spoke.

"Your hair," He murmured, "It's grown quite a bit."

"E-Excuse me?"

"And your eyes..." He paused for a moment as he let out a brief exhale, "They're a lot more mature."

"Ka- I mean, Tsūkon," Hayato said as he raised his eyebrows. "What are you even-"

Katsu crouched down to his eye level, taking the chance to hold him slightly by his chin. Hayato struggled as Katsu traced two gloved fingers across his jawline, lifting his head back slightly. He smirked briefly in response, glancing back at Hayato's expression.

"Your face is quite different, strangely enough," He smiled as he continued, "And you're even paler then before..."

"You don't need to get so-"

"What? Close? Too late. Besides, I can do anything I want to you. I own this room, this seat, and, most of all, I own you," He said, letting out a brief chuckle, "You're the one who betrayed me, remember?"

"Stop acting like that's how it really was," Hayato growled, "It's not betrayal if I wasn't even loyal in the first place."

Katsu's expression turned dark as he stood back up, adjusting his glove. His stern, cold glare could have bore a hole in Hayato with its intensity. He backed up, leaning towards the door before he let out a shady chuckle.

"I'll come back soon, Hayato," He said, "And this time I'll bring equipment."

The door slammed behind him, trapping Hayato in a pit of darkness.