Today (Or my life without you)

Two years ago, I had to complete an undercover mission by joining the infamous 'White Knights' and slowly gain details where different sects were over the course of three to four months. Although a lot of the officers said that I was 'pretty good' for being able to stay there for so long, I personally thought it was a fairly easy task and even 'exciting' in a strange sense (especially when I had become Katsu's right hand man fairly quickly).

But, nonetheless, I still have this festering guilt ever since the day that the police department finally caught about 90% of the gang and I 'ratted out' Katsu...

______

Hayato felt himself sigh as he walked through the hallway. He was in a different Police building then where he normally went to, which was just about a mile from here. Someone said they wanted him to deliver something to them; Hayato himself not sure who it was or what it was they wanted to receive.

He opened the door with the clear numbers '189' written on it; which was where the package was suppose to be delivered to. As Hayato looked inside, he felt his eyes widened slightly before he groaned as he recognized who the person was.

"Oh, it's you; I should've known." Hayato said as he rolled his eyes jokingly and sat down in the chair in front of the man with the package on his lap.

The man gave out a chuckle as he twirled at the tip of his jet black hair, eyeing him with cheerful green eyes. "Sorry, I just like seeing you so much I couldn't think of anyone else to come deliver that to me~"

Hayato rolled his eyes once more at Arata. He had known his black-haired friend for several years now and even used to be his partner at one point until Arata transferred into this sector; which was also around the time Hayato went on his undercover mission.

Arata reached for the package and stuffed it into his lower desk as he stood up and placed an arm around Hayato's shoulders; a bright expression on his face. "Hey, come walk with me~ I haven't seen you for a few weeks so this might be a good catch-up time for us!"

"Sure, let's do that," Hayato smiled.

____

As Arata rambled on and on about what was happening in his sector lately as they walked around the building, an older gentleman walked up to Arata and handed him a collection of papers and whispered a few things in his ear. As the man left, Arata grumbled; looking at the papers with a disappointed expression.

"Ah, shit."

"What's wrong?" Hayato said quizzically.

"I have to interview this criminal, ugh," Arata whined, glancing at Hayato with an upset expression. "That means I can't spend any more time with you right now..."

Hayato pondered for a moment when he thought of something; a bright look beaming in his eyes as a result.

"Hey, how about I co-interrogate him with you?" Hayato grinned. "It should be okay, all we would have to do is ask."

"Are you sure it's alright?"

"Positive; plus I'm in the same city as you so it should be alright as a police officer!"

Arata smiled, a happier expression taking his face once more as they headed to the interviewing room.

_____

As they neared the doors, Hayato immediately noticed Lela's desk by the entrance to the room. Her name wasn't really 'Lela', of course, but since he only came to this part of the building a few times; he never got the chance to learn her real name (only really calling her that since she told him how a person had called her by her cat's name, Lela, once).

"Oh, hey Hayato!" She gave a teasing smile and he felt slightly uncomfortable. As he neared, she lowered her voice down a bit as she continued to talk.

"I found a guy for you~" She purred as she was taking out her phone; Hayato presuming she was trying to show him the guy's photo.

"N-Not right now, Lela... We're in the middle of something right now." Hayato said with discomfort in his voice while still trying to be as polite as possible.

"Oh, ok~" She laughed seductively, eyeing Arata with flirtatious looks. Hayato wished he could have rolled his eyes at that moment while she made that obvious, silent statement of the two of them 'doing' something together. She never seemed to take anything seriously.

As they walked down the hall to the doors, leaving Lela behind, Arata began to talk.

"Um, what was that about?"

Hayato groaned. "I told her by accident I was bisexual and she keeps thinking I'll just fall for any guy or girl I see; to be honest, it's kind of getting annoying..."

"I can do something about it," Arata mumbled darkly.

"No, it's fine, I'll find a way to tell her to stop it next time," Hayato said, failing to notice Arata's change of tone. He smiled and looked at Arata, wrapping an arm around his shoulders like the black-haired male often did to him. "Plus, we still have to interrogate that criminal, right? We should be more worried about that then this."

Arata just nodded and followed Hayato as he opened the door. As they both got inside, they noticed the room was empty and had a giant, darkened glass wall signifying that people were watching on the other side.

"I guess they aren't here yet" Hayato pointed out, yawning soon afterward. Arata just nodded, and they both stood in silence until the doors on the other side opened and a cuffed man with white hair and piercing yellow eyes was put into a chair behind a large, white table that separated Hayato and Arata from the person in cuffs.

As soon as Hayato recognized Katsu, he felt his skin crawl and a shiver run up his spine. Katsu glanced at him; his yellow eyes widening slightly as he, too, also recognized him.

Arata didn't notice and just began the interrogation like they had planned to from the start; not realizing the silent tension between the two males...