Mystery (Or when I saw your face)

"So do you have any recollection where the other small sects are? Where they would meet?" Arata said as he questioned the white-haired male. Katsu just gave a small 'no', his eyes continually locking with Hayato.

This wasn't the normal anxiety you felt when someone just stared at you for awhile. This was a petrifying fear that your old 'gang boss' was planning on killing you after he stared right into your soul for one and half hours.

That's how Hayato felt that moment.

"Hey!" Arata growled slightly, Katsu slowly glancing back at him with bored eyes. "All you've been saying is 'no', don't you have anything else to say?!"

"How about 'no', again," Katsu said while keeping his mundane expression. Hayato felt himself gulp as memories flooded back.

Arata glanced at Hayato, then back at Katsu as he slowly tried to figure out what was going on.

"Hey, stop looking at him," Arata hissed as he grabbed Hayato's arm, squeezing it tightly. "I'm the one talking to you, so don't try to bring any beef with my friend here into this interrogation. And I don't care if you felt 'betrayed' by him or anything, just stop making him so damn uncomfortable or I'll make you regret it."

Katsu looked at him with a dark glare; carefully watching the physical contact between them. "You talk too much."

"And you talk too little," Arata growled before showing a dark smile. "Butttt I think I can change that~"

"How, exactly?"

"By taking your eye candy out of this room," Arata chuckled as he pulled Hayato closer to him. "I'm sure you don't want him to go, so you either talk or you don't; you decide~"

Katsu just looked at him even more fiercely than before and only gave out a small sigh, nodding his head. Arata grinned.

"Good, now we can continue~"

____

"You know, you could've told me you were gonna be so nervous around him," Arata mumbled.

"I wasn't scared! I was just surprised, that's all," Hayato said while blushing a deep shade of crimson. He crossed his arms while Arata let out a muffled laugh.

"Haha, you're so cute." The black-haired male smiled. He looked at Hayato with pleasant yet somewhat passionate eyes as he continued. "Hey, do you wanna come over to my place tonight? I'll cook you something good."

"Oh, yeah, of course!" Hayato grinned as he patted him on the shoulder. "Can't wait to see you there!"

"Same goes for you~" His friend smiled as he walked off.

Hayato watched as he left with a smile, feeling himself in a good mood once again. Perhaps he would be able to forget about Katsu for a while... perhaps.

____

"Hey, where are you?"

Hayato held the phone up to his ear as he listened to Arata talk to him through the device. He was walking down the street late at night, heading over to his friends house.

"Oh, I'm near, well... somewhere around that little store that's near your house, I believe..." Hayato said as he looked around. He wasn't all too sure since the only thing that illuminated his path was the street lights, but he just gave him the best guess he had. Plus, it felt like he was near; anyway.

"Well, OK... but why is it so quiet? Aren't you driving with that pink Honda of yours?"

"Ah, that old thing? She's getting a new paint job..." Hayato laughed as he reached down into his pocket for a smoke, not feeling anything. "Oh, hey, um you don't mind if I stop by a convenience store before I get there? I need to get a smoke."

"It's dangerous-"

"Haha, thanks!" Hayato said as he ended the phone call. He didn't manage to hear the last few words Arata said and just assumed that he said he was fine with it.

Hayato continued to walk down the alleyway, seeing the faint lights of the convenience store show in his vision. He grinned, feeling relieved he had found it so quickly.

When he finally made it there and entered inside, he noticed how quiet it was even though there were several men in dark clothing spread out almost evenly throughout the little gas station. It was strange, at the very least, but he had found weirder things before so he decided to leave that small notion alone.

He went over to the counter and watched as the older-looking gentlemen there with dark bags under his eyes came over to greet him.

"Whatcha need, kid?"

"A smoke, please," Hayato said. "Lucky Strikes, preferably."

"That's a good brand, kid," The old man let out a heavy chuckle. "ID?"

Hayato gave him his ID and the old man just nodded with a smile, walking over to the cabinet and looking for his desired brand. While he did that, Hayato looked up to see a little TV up in the corner showing news footage.

"In many prisons and correctional facilities, the White Knights have managed to free many of their old gang members and are now regrouping to become the gang they once were," The news reporter said on the TV. "Will the police be able to control this? Back to you, Ryouko..."

"For real? Them, again..." Hayato muttered to himself. This happened before when Katsu first got arrested and they ended up getting the rest of the gang while the White Knights tried to free him. Hayato doubted that they would actually be able to bring the gang back together again after that, so all this was was a chance for the news to cash out on reporting about such controversial topics.

Hayato then noticed one of the men from earlier looking at him, his face partially hidden by the shadow of his hood. The man began to smirk as Hayato looked behind him to see another one of the hooded men behind him as well. Hayato sighed, realizing what was going to happen.

"Touch me and you'll have the entire police department on your asses," Hayato growled as he leaned back on the counter. "So don't even try anything stupid, you fuckers."

"Oh, we know a lot about you and your 'undercover cop' deal, and we are quite capable of getting out of trouble," One of the men chuckled. "So I think we'll be alright where the police is concerned..."

Hayato was about to move away when one of the men quickly threw a black sack over his head and the other man held his wrists together, holding him down for a moment. As they began to drag him outside the door, Hayato kicked one of them in the balls and they kneeled over; the other man giving out a 'tch!' as he whacked Hayato in the head, knocking him out cold.

The old man inside watched as he frantically called 911, ignorant as one of the men dragged Hayato's body away as the other injured one slowly caught up...