(1) Last Year

Welcome to my story! Before we get started I'd just like to say that my blog is PrettyLittleTroian.blogspot.co.uk, if you're wanting previews of new chapters, exclusive information, and to learn more about me. Thank you all!

Chapter 1

1 year ago

"Morning babe," I hear faintly from behind me.

I flip over and see the beautiful blue eyes of my girlfriend staring back at me, a great big smile in them.

"Hi baby...Happy Birthday" I grin and blink a couple of times to moisten my eyes.

Eve giggles a little, then leans over and kisses my lips.

"Breakfast in bed for me baby?" Eve asks me, grinning.

It was my girlfriend's 22nd birthday today, and she was throwing a massive party tonight for it. Me and my best friends, Sarah and Sam, tried to organise a surprise party for her, but she found out because Sam left the list of decorations on our dining room table...

"I was thinking of something a little more special for your birthday Eve, rather than just our usual that we do every year..." I say, as the past 4 years we've been together we have had breakfast in bed for Eve and I's birthdays.

"Ooh..." Eve says, biting her lip and then rolling out of bed.

We make our way down to our kitchen, hand in hand.

"What's your plan then?" Eve winks at me, smiling and sitting on the bunker.

"You'll see..." I grin, walking over to her and leaning on the counter where she is, pressing my hands on her hips. I lean up to her sitting there and plant my lips on hers for a few seconds, before pulling away and smiling contently.

For breakfast, I make Eve waffles with chocolate chips and Nutella, as well as some crumbled up Oreos sprinkled on top.

"Grace!" Eve squeals when she sees what I've made, grinning at me and going over to the oak dining table.

"It's your birthday and I wanted to do something special, so I made you your favourite." I tell her and she smiles again, taking her seat.

"Thank you Grace, seriously, this is amazing." She says, as I take my seat opposite my girlfriend.

"I love you" I tell her, grinning again.

"I love you too babes" Eve says, then takes her knife and fork and starts on her waffle.

The party was planned for 6pm, so at around 4:30 pm our best friends arrive at the venue to start helping out with the party.

The party is being held in Sarah's house, as she lives in a house so big it could probably be classed as a mansion.

The 'mansion' was soon decorated with banners and streamers, as well as a couple hundred helium balloons which are now lingering on the ceiling. The cake had arrived, which has a photo of Eve when she was 3 years old printed onto it.

"This place looks great guys" I say as Sarah and I tie up the last banner outside the house, reading "Happy Birthday Eve!"

"Yeah it does. Wow." Sam, my best friend, says.

"Eve's going to love it." I say, smiling at our work.

The plan was that Eve would come in at 6, as she already knew about the party, we still wanted there to be some aspect of surprise, which was the decorations (and the cake, which Sarah ordered).