(7) Heartbreaking Hell

Chapter 7

I wake up the next again day laying in my own bed. I stretch then yawn, finally opening my eyes. I look around my modern room, with my silky white curtains that drape over my entire floor length window, which covered my entire left wall. In front of me I see my black sofa contrasting with my creamy walls, and a giant framed poster of Emma Roberts, which I have signed. The wall above my bed is a feature wall with a giant photograph of Brooklyn Bridge and the lingering city lights of Manhattan behind it. It was my favourite part of my room and probably the house too.

I get out of my king size bed and smile to myself as all the memories from the day before flood back. I remember the girl, April, being her adorable self and having a meal with us yesterday. Yesterday I learned that she is a very adventurous person, and loves rock climbing, scuba diving, swimming and she's even been sky diving before.

I walk down the stairs wearing my pink fluffy slippers on my feet, with my pyjama shorts and top with no bra underneath. I did this nearly every morning since me and Sam have lived together, and I think we've passed the stage in our friendship where it is acceptable for me to go braless under my shirt... not that he would care anyway.

"Morning sleepy head!" I hear as I descend the last step before the open plan downstairs, looking over at Sam who is sitting on the sofa watching cartoons.

"What are you watching?" I ask, rubbing my eyes as I haven't put my contacts in, and grabbing my glasses off the coffee table.

I push my glasses onto my face, which reveals what he is watching. On the screen are 2 little animals, one is a pig wearing a red dress and the other is a sheep wearing a pink dress.

"Are you seriously watching Peppa Pig?!" I ask and laugh, and he tries not to look embarrassed.

"No... I was just changing the channel and I accidently landed on this one..." He very clearly lies.

I laugh at the British television show that they only just began playing in the US a while ago. It was probably the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen in my entire life, but Sam loves it.

"Don't judge Grace. It's better than that Vampire Diaries thing you watch." He says, then laughs before turning up the volume for me.

"Uh huh... you're probably right there."

We watched the silly television show for a while more, until the channel started to show a different programme.

We spent the entire day being lazy in our pyjamas and I fell asleep for a while on Sam's knee again like last night, but he didn't seem to mind and just let me.

Eventually when I woke up I was no longer laying on Sam's lap but instead a cushion. I sat up and yawned, looking around to see nobody around.

I was confused, so I stood up and put my glasses back on which had fallen off while I was sleeping. I picked them off the floor and stared around the place, the Television was off and the rest of the living room was only lit by the daylight that shone through the white silky curtains. I reached for my phone from the table and checked for any messages, and I had one from Sam reading:

"Gone shopping, I'll be back soon. I didn't want to wake you but I thought I should shop. I'll buy food for dinner too."

That text was sent around half an hour ago, so he should be back any minute. I had another text, under the name of "April!<3" saved in my phone...

April's text read: "Grace, I was wondering if you're busy tomorrow at 4? You and I could go visit one of my favourite spots in the city. Sam can come too!"