(6) What Now...

Chapter 6

After making the milkshakes, we decided we shouldn't stay in the house all day and actually go out and do something. Since it was the end of summer, everything was slowly changing and the days were getting colder, although today it was around 21°C, which wasn't exactly cold.

"So, where do you want to go?" Sam asks, as we are clearing the kitchen.

I grab the glasses from the soapy water and place then next to the sink to dry, "I don't know," I reply. "We could go shopping?"

"Shopping? Grace, you should know by now that shopping is not my idea of fun." He says.

Usually when me and Sam go shopping, I end up spending over 100 dollars, and Sam ends up with all my bags. He usually would buy one thing, like a hoodie or a new t-shirt. Which would usually be from Wal-Mart and cost about 6 dollars.

"Fine..." I give in, knowing that I don't want to blow all my money again. "Where do you suggest?"

"Well, I know for a fact that we've been meaning to go down to the beach these past few weeks but it's been too hot. So, why don't we go today? Since it's not as hot." Sam suggests, placing the blender back into the cupboard.

"Good idea! But first, let me go shower and give you your hoodie back. I doubt that we will need it on the beach..." I say then giggle.

"Okay yeah, me too. I call the upstairs bathroom!" He says, then rushes out of the kitchen to the stairs.

The upstairs bathroom is the best, because it has the overhead shower pouring straight down with different jets, rather than just your standard shower.

I chase after Sam, reaching him at the bottom of the stairs, grabbing his arm.

"But Sam!" I moan, and then pout.

Sam takes the upstairs bathroom every time we need to shower at the same time, and he always uses my special shampoos on his short hair... Not to mention my entire lush collection which cost over 60 dollars altogether.

He groans. "What...?"

"Please may I, for once, use the upstairs bathroom to shower in rather than the downstairs?" I beg, and he sighs.

"Fine... but only this once." He says, and I nod in agreement, rushing up the stairs, heading into the best bathroom.

About an hour or so later we are ready to go. I've changed into my pink floral bikini and put pink shorts over the top, as well as a white vest top.

Sam wears his swimming shorts and a black t shirt, and has my sunglasses on his head.

"Sam...?" I walk over to him, and look up at my sunglasses.

"Oh... Yeah! These are my new sunglasses! You like?" He asks, pushing them down over his eyes.

"Yes." I say simply, then take them off him. "But on me." I add, then push the sunglasses up onto my head.

"Spoil sport..." He complains jokingly, then walks towards the front door.

We take a cab to the beach, as there was no way we'd get a parking space, then find our perfect spot. The beach is actually pretty full today, as people have all gathered due to the weather being reasonable. It's the 13th of August, which means that temperatures will only drop from here.

We find a spot and lay down our towels, and I get the sun cream out my bag.

"Grace... it's not hot enough for sun cream, you don't need it." He tells me, but I shake my head.