Chapter 12

Nick walked all the way from the hospital to the Abby Lee Dance Company. It was only about a twenty minute walk so he didn't mind. Nick pulled open the two double glass doors leading into the building. He walked through the doors and saw Gianna sitting at the front desk.

Gianna looked up when she heard the door open and saw Nick. She smiled before greeting him. "Hey Nick. How's Maddie doing?" She asked.

Nick looked at the ground. "She's in surgery right now, which is what I came down here to talk to you about." Nick said.

"Of course. What did you need to talk about with me.?" Gianna asked, looking up form where she was typing on the keyboard of her laptop.

"Well, after what happened with Brandon and Maddie in the duet, I was kind of wondering if I could take Brandon's place in the group dance. Maddie doesn’t really feel comfortable with him anymore after he dropped her." Nick explained, hoping Gianna would say yes.

"Well, since you and Maddie have such good chemistry and you've never dropped anyone you've done partner work with, this time I will allow it." She answered, smiling.

"Thank you so much Gianna." Nick said, reaching over the desk to give her a hug.

Gianna hugged him back and then pulled away. "Now you realize you will have to learn Brandon's part in the dance, right?" Right when Gianna said, that Brandon walked through the door and heard her.

"Who will have to learn my what?" Brandon asked, giving Nick a look.

"Brandon, since you dropped Maddie, she is no longer comfortable doing partner work with you so I am having Nick take your place in the group dance." Gianna explained carefully not wanting to make Brandon all that mad.

"Oh." Brandon said. "Cool." He finished, trying to hide the look he was giving Nick. "I completely understand." Brandon said, trying to sound cool and like he wasn't mad, when he really wanted to kill Nick for taking his place.

Gianna nodded at the two boys and then left to go teach leaps and turns class in studio C.

"Really man?" Brandon asked.

"What?" Nick returned.

"You had to take my place? That wasn't necessary." Brandon stated with gritted teeth.

"I didn't want to take your place, but it's what is best for Maddie. She doesn't feel comfortable with you Brandon, she's afraid you are going to drop her again." Nick said.

"Well it's not my fault you piss a person off to no end." Brandon said.

Nick rolled his eyes. "What does that even mean? I did nothing to piss you off that day, yet you still dropped her." Nick stated.

"Yeah, I dropped her to hurt you." Brandon said.

Nick eyes went from a normal green to a ver dark and dangerous green when Brandon said this. He reached up and grabbed Brandon by his ear and dragged him otu into the parking lot of the dance company.

"Ow! What the hell dude!?" Brandon yelped, rubbing at his ear when Nick let go.

Nick then grabbed Brandon by the collar of his shirt. "So you are saying you dropped Maddie to hurt me?" Nick questioned, his voice was very deep and a had a dark tone to it.

"Yes." Brandon simply stated.

Nick pushed Brandon back and on to the ground. He didn't cause any harm to him other than a few a few scrapes and scratches. "Stay away from Maddie. I mean it Brandon." Nick said, before turning and starting to walk away from him.

"What if I don't?" Nick heard Brandon call after him.

Nick turned around and looked at him. It was hard for him to think that Brandon used to be his best friend. He still couldn't wrap his head around the thought that Brandon had purposefully hurt Maddie to hurt him, when he knew Maddie meant the world to him.

"You come near her, me, Mackenzie or any of the girls, just wait and see what will happen to you." Nick said, before turning around and walking back to the hospital, wanting to be there when Maddie woke up from her surgery.