12

August 1985

Jada

It's been about five months since I moved in with Eric. Everything was going pretty well, we'll almost everything. I completed my senior year of high school and graduation had come and gone. My parents didn't bother to show up for me, but I'm thankful that Eric was there, along with Kim, Dre, Yella, Cube, and Ren. Last I heard, they upped and moved away. I tried reaching out multiple times, but it was no use. I was sad about it, but I tried not to stress over it.

I was now in my second trimester and I was so excited to meet my little baby girl. I was so busy getting things prepared for her arrival. Over the past few months, I busied myself by taking taking classes down at the cosmetology institute and working a part time job on the side. Eric insisted on me taking things easy, but I couldn't sit in a house all day. Besides, I didn't want Eric to feel like he had to take care of everything by himself.

I sighed and threw my textbook back onto the bed. I really didn't understand why we needed a textbook to do hair. We had a really important assignment coming up and I was really hoping that I would do okay.

I heard the door unlock and new that it was Eric. He'd been gone for a while, so I was happy that he was finally home. He walk into the bedroom and with food. I smiled and he leaned over and pecked my lips.

"What's up baby?" He said sitting the food down. "And daddy's other baby." He said laying next to me and rubbing my tummy.

"She is moving up a storm today. That's what's up." I said.

Eric raised up my shirt and began rubbing my belly. She rarely moves for me, but always moved for Eric when he was near. It's cute, honestly. It was like she could sense when he was around.

"So how was today?" Eric asked sitting up next to me.

"It's been fine. Got a lot of cleaning and studying done. Nothing major." I said.

Eric motioned for me to get up and come with him. I grabbed the bag off the nightstand and followed him into the kitchen. I seen the exact crib and stroller set I'd been eyeing for our little baby.

"Aww." I said walking walking over to him. "Thanks baby."

"I'll do whatever to make you happy." He said.

He wraps his arm around my waist. "Oh yeah?" I asked. "Well you know what'll make me really happy right now?"

I began pulling him back towards the bedroom by his shirt. He began unbuckling his belt.

"What's that?" He said smirking at me.

"Come see and find out."

"Yeah that's why your ass is pregnant right now." Eric says closing the door behind him.

Cube

After kicking it with Dre for a few hours, I finally noticed it was getting late. I left my aunt's house and started making my way towards my spot across the street. As usual, I saw a few police cars in the street and they were harassing a few niggas. Nothing out of the ordinary.

"Where you going?" An officer said put his hand up to stop me.

"Hey man I'm just tryna get home." I said putting my hands up.

"Turn around, hands on your head."

He pushed me towards his car and against the hood.

"What? man I didn't even do nun."

He patted me down harshly. I heard my mom and dad nearby arguing with another officer nearby.

"Go inside or I will ruin your fucking night!" An officer told my mom.