Chapter 9: Realization

Maddie's POV

I've been sitting here in this bedroom chair for days. I was slipping into depression. I haven't gone to school in 3 days and I don't intend too after "Teenage sister convinces little sister to cliff dive, risking her life." Came out on the news and papers. I've been receiving so much hate especially from dance moms fans. I don't care though. I only care about my sister.

How much have I actually hurt her? Stealing her boyfriend, her friends, her popularity. I took everything from her because of one mistake. Now I'm the one paying the price. As the clock in front of me ticks again and again I wonder if she has woken up. Tick Tock Tick Tock. Tick Tock, "What kind of sister would do this?" Tick Tock, "Who in their right mind tells their sister to jump?" Tick Tock, "Maddie is treating Mackenzie just like how she used to treat Chloe." Tick Tock, "Maddie is such a snob I don't know why the entire fandom loved her." Tick Tock, "What kind of horrible human being would do this?" Tick Tock on the clock Tick Tock.

It just keeps spinning and spinning every second bringing more hatred, pain and guilt to my body, pushing throughout my veins. And the hour chime strikes a rush of painful adrenaline through my veins pumping blood through. As each minute goes by, each hour, each day, I think of my poor sister in hospital gowns laying on the bed in shock, un conscience, unable to communicate, mute.

I'm the one who feels pain yet I'm the one who caused it for someone else. Mackenzie is mute on a hospital bed, in pain everywhere in her body flowing through her veins. I should not be the one who says I feel pain. After everything I did to her! After everything I said about her! Everything! This is my fault entirely.

The Tick is for Josh, the Tock is for the prank. The Tick is for Tyler, The Tock is for the pain. The tick is for Chloe, The Tock is for pressure, The Tick is for my mom, The Tock is for attention. The tick is for Greg, the Tock is for anger. The Tick is for Kendall, the Tock is for jealousy. The Tick is for Mackenzie, the Tock is for guilt.

The Tick is for the medication, The Tock is for overdose.....