Chapter 15: Knight in Shinning Armor

Maddie's POV

When I was a little girl, I always used to read children's books (no duh) but I was really generic. Some little girls want to try to be unique but I was always just generic, just like everyone else. I basically had no unique personality or any 'standing out' attributes until I was older, when I developed a mind of my own. But as a generic little girl, I read the stories about the same thing...

Once upon a time, in a far away land, there lived a princess.

Princess goes through her daily life until something bad happens to her. An example...

The princess' parents traded her to a which and she was locked up in a tall tower with extremely long hair.

And the same ending...

Her knight in shinning armor finally arrived and saved her from her misery. The two fell in love at first sight and lived happily ever after.

The same old story with different details. But there were moments in my life when all I needed was a knight in shining armor, and I thought of my past reading. Right now is one of those moments.

As the black dots completely cover my eyes and I begin to fall, all I needed was a knight in shinning armor to catch me, and kiss me softly to be safe.

But this is the real world. And in real world, I'm staring at the ceiling with an ice pack to my head in a smelly nurses office. This is what happens when you faint. I yawn and slightly sit up in the uncomfortable hospital bed.

"Do you feel well enough to back to class maddie?" The school nurse asked me.

"Uh sure." I decided, picking up my pass and heading to 3rd period, Math. If going to school was bad, walking in late was so much worse. I opened the door to room 270B, only to receive glares and mumbled words from my classmates. I walked up to the front of the classroom and handed Mr. Wellington my pass, then returning to my seat.

I set my books down at my seat. In math class we sat at tables, and I was assigned to sit next to a 6th grader and another 8th grader who I wasn't very familiar with. "Is it true that you killed your little sister?" The 6th grader asked.

Her words stung my heart as I began to sniffle, pushing my tears back.

"No." I croaked. "I never killed my sister. Mackenzie is not dead, she is in a hospital." I told her.

"Is it true that you pushed her off of a cliff?" She interrogated. Each word that escaped from her little mouth stung my heart like lightning.

"I never pushed her, I just... Pressured her to jump." Every word that escaped my own mouth sent pain through my body, stinging my cells like pathogens. (a/n: hashtag seventh grade science👌🏻 if any of you are sevies- get ready😂) I couldn't function properly, all I could do was think of Mackenzie's words yesterday...

Flashback

"Maddie," she started sitting up in her hospital bed. "I broke both of my legs, dislocated my shoulder, and have major head damage due to that stupid cliff." Her words danced through my head creating sharp pains. She shook her head wiping a tear from her eye. "I-I may never dance again!" She sobbed. I felt tears rush and I went to hug her but she turned her back. "Maddie," she sobbed sniffling. She turned only her head to look me in the eye.

"You told me to jump. I hope your happy."

End of flashback.

"Mr Wellington?" I croaked shaking the thoughts out of my brain.

"Yes?" He asked annoyed, for I interrupted the lesson.

"May I please use the restroom?" I sobbed, trying extremely hard to hold back the tears.

"Yes. And if you need a few minutes Maddie," He looked sympathetic. "I understand." He smiled slightly.

I sniffled and nodded rushing out of that classroom door. I thought that this moment is when I needed a knight in shining armor. And seconds later, I heard the door open from room 270B...

~
Hola amigas!!

QOTD: I have a special POV coming up in the next chapter- who's do you think it is?

QOTD: how do you think is Maddie's knight?!?!

QOTD: anything specific you want me to change about the book or any ideas for me to use?

Love you all
-
Oceans