Chapter 11: Deadly Love {Part 1}

Maddie's POV

I sat still in Josh's car, warming up thanks to the heat running through the air vents. I was silent the entire drive to the Hylands house. When we arrived, of course being the gentleman that he is, Josh opened the door for me and wrapped his coat around me, warming my freezing body, and walking me to the door.

He led me to the couch and sat down with me. "Look Maddie I'm sorry about everything we all said to you about Mackenzie, I know you were just caught up in the moment and were furious with her...." He paused. "...I know that you two didn't really have a good re-relationship." I nodded but what did he mean about saying stuff to me. I haven't talked to him once since the incident because right after Mackenzie, my mom, and I, rushed with all of our bags to the hospital.

"What do you mean about the stuff you said?" I asked. "I'm guessing you haven't read your texts...." Josh answers.

I pull out my phone and scroll through all of my texts. I saw the swears, the anger, the harsh words. A single tear drizzled from my eye. I felt wrapped up in an emotional rollercoaster! Why would they do this to me?

"Why would you guys say these things?" I sobbed. "I'm sorry Maddie, we were in the wrong." Josh said sadly, opening his arms for me to hug. I came and snuggled with him on the couch for what seemed like hours until he sat up.

"Maddie...." Josh starts. "I-I can't keep holding back." I look at him confused, he leans in, and places his soft lips of mine.