Chapter one

"Hey, mum? "
"Yes sweetie? " I say as I grab the chips off the shelve.
"Why did you marry dad? Why not one of those guys grandma always talks about? "
"Cause"
"Because why? "
"Your father won me over with charm and kindness, and i didn't like grandmas choices. No matter what you think honey, I bagged the best. " I hear a snigger and snort from round the corner.
"Yea  Bailey ,you really had high standards"
"Uncle Cal!" sometimes I think Katie believes me and Calum should have got together instead.I wouldn't though, Cal is outgoing and my guys shy-as was I, thats why we worked out. Eventually.

"Uncle Cal?"
"Yes Katie? "
"Do you know how mum and dad met? "
"Not sure.Do you Katie? "
I smiled at the two conversing, not really focused on what else is going on.
"Ash,  dont teach her that! "
"TRUCK! "
"no zoe its...."
"NO!"I scream from the kitchen.Why did he have to do that?
"Your in the shit now! "Allie laughed as I stormed into the lounge ready to rip Ash's head off.I was quickly sidetracked by the bright pink and blue bundle of joy and .......bigger bundle of joy?
"Why is Lilly's hair pink? "
"Food colouring" Blue boy replied.
"How did it happen? "
"What happen? "Mikey inquired with a look of pure innocence which was amplified by the bright blue hair.
"He decided to dye her hair yesterday, I caught them in the kitchen sink. It was too late."
I cracked up.poor Allie .It was like she had three children rather than a six year and a 18 month old and a 32 year old husband.She has plenty of fun though, I have to admit.
"I looked it up and found that food colouring wasn't poisonous for toddlers"
"Mikey , its for digesting not for dyeing your hair with." I said in a motherly tone though I was four years younger than him.
"I didn't dye my hair with it!  I dyed Lilly's! "Multiple sighs were audible around the room.
"MUCK! "I spun around to face the boy who just beamed back at me.
"Ash, if you don't mind, would you stop teaching innocent zoe bad words every time you visit? "
"Mum,  hes just fucking with you, dont be whiney" I look to Calum and im surprised at the pure shock on his face matching the rest of the rooms.
"Cal?  Please tell me you made her say that" Calum looked confused whether to lie to me to protect Katie.
He shook his head.
Katie ran.