chapter 3

Luke is snoring.
"They are right, singers are louder"I hug the pillow round my head. Nope.
I clap. No.
I kick him.
Hes awake!

"What was that for? "
"Snoring, and I need to talk to you"
"Shoot"he sits up, switching the light on.
"Do you think my mum likes Katie? "He nods"are you telling the truth? "
"Maybe, look your mum does treat Katie a little different to Zoe sometimes"
"They are different ages"
"They also have different mums"i look"biological mums" i smile.
"I need to talk to my mother, dont i?" Luke smiles sympathetically as I rub my temples and sigh.
"You look tired"I shoot him a look, he just smiles cheekily like he did when I was 17 .
"Anything else? "
"Katie wants to go to a concert on friday with sophie and her older sister, what do you think? "
"What concert? "
"I dont know, I thought I'll talk to sophies mum about it tomorrow but your verdict at the moment is....."
"You don't think its..... ."
"No, she said it was not my type of music"
"Bailey, I'm yet to find a genre of music you dont like"
"Thats beside the point, do you want her to go to the concert or not? "
"No"
"Rephrase, is she allowed to go, I thought it was ok"
"Yes " he pulls me to him for a peck, and I snuggle in, quick to drop off before his snoring starts again.