Chapter 12

Only because of R_Janae

Happy Time, Happy Time - Konshens

*Kai POV*

Tatty's Baby Shower.

Its Saturday and my week has been really good. Been with my family, today's Tatty's baby shower, I'm leaving tomorrow, work this week was really good besides the fact that I have to drive to and from work.

I've spoken to Keenon a couple times this week. We text here and there but the time zone is really different, I get his texts when I'm asleep.

Everyone who knows Tatty and Chris are here for the baby shower.

Its really nice, the games, foods, gifts and family support.

I couldn't stay for long, giving the situation I was once in. I've been distant from her ever since I found out that she's pregnant. Its not her fault, I'm just in my feelings I guess.

I'm really happy for her and her baby boy.

"Look at u looking like the sun" I said while hugging Tatty.

She laughed playfully hitting my arm "girl hush. Why u dressed like that I thought u took the day off?"

"I'm leaving tomorrow, I'm already not working on Monday so you know" I shrugged.

"Always putting work before your family" my mother came out of no where.

"U still moving like a ghost" I said.

"I am not going to have you both here getting on like this" Tatty said.

"She always got some slick to say" I said.

I tuned my mother out seeing her mouth moving but not hearing anything.

I just turned and walked away.

I stayed and chatted with everyone and I left for work after.

After my long hours at work it was around 1 in the morning. I was getting in my car when I just remembered to call my best friend Milan.

I sat in the drivers seat while I dialed her number. I put the phone on loud speaker and placed in on my lap while I pulled out parking lot.

"This better be good why u calling me this hour" Milan said sleepy.

"My bad .. Just left work u for a let night pump?" I asked.

"Yeah gimme 30" she while hanging up.

Our last night pumps be the shit. After my late night shifts I'll pass and pick her up, we'll go bar hopping, grab a gyro or go down on the broadwalk and just relax.

I was pulling up at Milan's apartment. I called her and told her I was outside. A short while after she came out and got into the car giving me a hug.