Chapter 9: The Perfect Accident

[ Your POV ]

I woke up from the horrible throbbing in my skull. It felt like a heartbeat, but it hurt much worse. I sat up in the chair I was in and looked around. EJ's room. Great. Something must've happened again, and I bet it was Jeff...again.

I jumped up and and walked to the door. I pulled the handle, but it was locked. Locked. I sighed and pounded on the door. "EJ? Jeff? BEN? Where are you guys; and why am I locked in here?" I called out, trying to get someone's attention. I waited a moment for a reply, but all I got was silence.

I sighed again and slid down the wall. As I ran my fingers through my hair, I felt something odd. A patch. I felt it closer and began to think abut what happened. "What is this?" I thought a loud. I groaned and leaned my head back, resting it on the wall.

"I swear, when they come back, I'm going to kill them."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A while had passed before EJ finally opened the door. When I heard the hinges creaking open, my eyes darted to it.

EJ walked through, but stopped when he saw me. I stood and glared daggers at him. He just stood there, like he froze. I walked up to him and poked his chest. "You think....you can just lock me in here and get away with it?" I was surprised how calm I sounded, even though rage coursed through my veins.

"I-" he started, raising his finger, but I interrupted him. I didn't care about what he had to say. Even I had to admit it: I was glad to see him.

I hugged him tightly and rested my head on his chest. I smiled and closed my eyes, not wanting to move.

He was warm and gentle. It was weird. I got butterflies around him. He's silent, but deadly. The way he was silent made my heart melt. I don't know why, but I always was really nervous around him. It was a silly thought, but maybe I...liked him.

He stood there for a second, not knowing what to do, but ended up hugging me back. We stayed there for what seemed like hours, the hug getting more passionate an meaningful with each ticking second.

Sadly, he pulled away, but he never let go of my waist. I felt myself blush and I turned away, not wanting him to notice. EJ pulled me closer to him, causing me to become inches away from his chest. I bushed harder and stared into his pitch-black eyes, wanting to know what his underneath.

I pulled at his mask and slowly took it off. He gladly let me do it, but was a little hesitant. I finally got it off of him and stared at his razor-sharp shark-like teeth.

He blushed a little. "Now you know why I hide it.." he said quietly, almost in a whisper. I smiled warmly at him and kissed his cheek, having to stand on my toes to reach him.

I felt nervous, because what if he didn't like it?

"I have to take risks. I wouldn't be here of I didn't." I thought.

"I think it's...cute." I replied, trying to show him that I liked him, without saying anything. He blushed a little harder, but it wasn't very noticeable.

If I didn't know better, I would've thought that Sally had given him another makeup session.

"I-I haven't really shown, but...I like you, (Y/N)."