Funny #159

Mi papá tiene 47 años = My dad is 47 years old.

Mi papa tiene 47 anos = My potato has 47 assholes

I love spanish

________
So this actually happened to me in class today...

Storytime:
WARNING IT MIGHT NOT BE FUNNY TO SOME PEOPLE BECAUSE ONCE YOU TELL A FUNNY STORY IT ISNT GOING TO BE AS FUNNY AS IT WAS WHEN YOU EXPERIENCED IT.

So my spanish teacher is pretty chill and today we were reviewing the basics, giving how old you are and in spanish the signs on the top of the letters (ñ, á, ú)are so necessary, it's crazy.

So, how you say "How old are you?" in spanish is

¿Cuantos años tiene?

And to answer with "I am [your age] years old" is

Yo tengo [your age] años.

So she was teaching us about the importance of the little squigly on top of ➡ ñ that and without it, it means something totally different.

So lets say you are 15 which is "quince" in Spanish and you write Yo tengo quince anos without the squigly (which is what someone did) so this was Ms. Rodriguez...

"Class? Can anyone tell me what anos is without the mark on top?" and she clasps her hand together.

Everyone stays quiet, too shy to say what we think it means
-nudges your shoulder-

So she answers herself, "Yes, it means your anus or anol (or something, not even sure if the last one is a word but thw way she said it sounded like that)," and everyone was so immature and started laughing (which me, being slightly immature, laughed as well.

She says, "So which means when i ask you how old you are you answer that you have 15 assholes which gives me the sign that I shouldnt probably hang around you. Like, was i asking how many assholes you have even though you should only have one..." and everyone burst out laughing so no, i am never going to mistaken ñ with n.

Sorry this chappy was really weird...