CHAPTER 4: Stars of The Mind

(Bill's POV)
I gulped down the lump of fear that I held in my throat. Dipper just sat there, his lips moving, but not saying a word. I waited. I felt a enormous amount of pressure on my shoulders. "Well... You weren't the nicest person," he said quickly. My shoulders sagged. His brown eyes blinked multiple times, as if he had hurt me.
"Its alright, Dip," I said, unzipping the jacket I still had and grabbed a blanket. "I'm not that person anymore. I'm gonna change." Dipper smiled a weak smile at me. I hope so. I want to see you succeed. I read his thoughts. I looked up at him and giggled a little. It had been a long time since I had laughed like that. I didn't know it then... But I think I was in love. I heard Stanley call down from the kitchen that dinner was ready. Dipper walked over to me. I let him put his arm under mine and lifted me up. I smiled back and limped next to him.

(Later That Night)
We return to the bedroom after dinner to tell stories and what ever. Mabel and Dipper are letting me sleep in their room with them. Dipper's got his hands under his head, smiling at the ceiling. "Hey, Bill. Do demons dream?" Mabel asks, her deep brown hair matching her eyes perfectly. I smiled a flashy, white smile at her.
"Not really. Every now and then we see visions of what may occur in the future. Sort of like déjà uv with you mortals," I said with a chuckle. Dipper giggled a little. "I doubt Mabel's gonna keep in the dream she had last night," he said with a sigh. I flipped my gaze over to Mabel, my eyes intent. She rolled her eyes and smiled a teasing smile.
"Ok, so I have a huge fear of heights and I had a dream where I was on a narrow path and I fell off the edge! Dipper took a video of me in the real world. It was really funny!" I got to my hands and knees and stalked up to Dipper. He pulled out his phone and had a video recording of Mabel in her night gown. Her hands and legs were flailing everywhere! I covered my snickering smile and watched as Mabel fell off the edge of the bed.
I rolled over on the floor, laughing and crying. I hit a rock or something on my gash and yelped out in pain. The laughter in the room stopped and Dipper jumped up, his eyes wide.

(Dipper's POV)

The only thing I could think about was Bill getting hurt. I couldn't handle it! I never want to see anyone hurt. I mean, yeah the triangle side of Bill could go and die in a hole. But the human Bill... I don't know. I guess I have grown a certain likening to him. His golden hair, his bright yellow eyes, even that creepy, but cool, aqua colored eyes he hides.
I grab his arm and pull him up to his feet. I look under his shirt and see that the wound has opened up again. I nod t Mabel and she races down stairs. Bill's yellow eyes are full of fear. I let him sit down. "Its all right," I say, calmly. Mabel's back with he bacitracin and white roll of bandages. Bill gasps and skitters away, hiding his right side from us. He holds his knees with his arms and a horrified look on his face.
"No! Not again. I cannot handle the pain," he says quietly, tears flooding and surfacing up to his under eyelids. I quickly grab his hand, feeling his hand tighten around mine and the fear I had seen before melts away to surprise. "It's going to hurt even worse if you leave it open. Trust us."
"I do! It's just..." Mabel leans in and places the bacitracin on the bandage.
"Don't worry, I've got a softer touch than Dipper," she says. I move closer to Bill, trying to comfort him. He leans up against me and I feel his body shake with sobs. I start to feel a wave of heat wash over my face with a deep red. Mabel lift his shirt back up and carefully places the bandage on his open wound. Bill's hand constricts mine like a snake. When it's over, Mabel looks over at Bill. "You ok, Bill?"
Bill snuffles, but nods his head, not daring to look away. "Y-y-y-yeah..."
"Mabel, I think it might be time to go to bed." She nods and wanders away to her pink covered bed. I look back at Bill. His eyes are flooding over with tears as he lays on his pillow.

(Bill's POV)
I know Pine Tree is looking at me. I know the feeling it when someone is looking at you. Its like their eyes are burning a hole in you. "You feeling better?" He asks finally. I nod and sniffle. He blinks at me a little. I feel the spearing pain bound up my right side and into my shoulder blade when Dipper gets up. He helps me get into the sleeping bag that was provided to me by Ford. He says good night to me and turns off the light. I lay there, eyes damp. I can't sleep. It's a terrible feeling. I'm so tired, but I can't sleep. I sigh. It's been hours since Mabel and Dipper went to bed. At the moment, I feel so alone. I feel like a caged bird, under the roof of this house. I sit up and get out of the sleeping bag, walking to the door. I try to twist the handle, but a small creak echoes in the room.
"Bill...?" Dipper's voice is so soothing to hear. I glance back and see him sitting up and rubbing his eyes. The half moon outside shines in the window and bounces off his reddish orange shirt. I shake my head and yawn.
"No. Demons don't really sleep in the Dream Scape..," I whispered, still twisting the door knob.
"Where...? Where are you going?" He asked sleepily, but was gradually waking.
"I just want to get some fresh air... That's ok, right?" I asked, feeling the prickle not being allowed outside spark.
"Here, follow me," Dipper says, jumping out of his covers and walking to the door.
"How's your side?" He whispers, leading me to ladder.
"Stings, but it's getting better," I whispered back. The night made the shack so dark, but certain things in it glowed silver in the moonlight. I glanced outside and saw the pine trees that stood tall in the summer air glittering with shadows and moonlight.
"This way, Bill!" Dipper says, starting to climb up the ladder. I stare at the wooden runged ladder. Dipper leans back and offers his hand for support.
I look up at him and his chocolate brown eyes gleam brightly. And I take it. The climb wasn't hard, but a little daunting. Finally, the cool air of outside met my skin and made it prickle with goosebumps.
"Don't walk too far towards the edge," Dipper advises, sitting with his elbows on his knees and staring at the stars that speckle the sky.
"Do you know any constellations?" I asked, sitting next to him.
"A few. What about you?" He glances my way with a sweet, friendly smile. I blinked and looked away and pointed to the sky, touching every faint and bright dot in the sky.
The words were almost like the minutes that passed quickly. I pointed out Leo, the Lion, Capricorn, the Goat, Orian, the Hunter, and was in he middle of Aquarius when Dipper's head fell on my shoulder, his eyes staring at the sky.