Chapter 2: Fragile

I quickly jumped up from my caravan bed and ran to the door. Only to find utter destruction. The fence had been broken by a car and the zombies was in the camp. I have never had to deal with z's, the men of the group always took care of them. So you can imagine my response when one started to approach me. I had no weapon. I tried to shut the door but the zombies arm got in the way. I ran through my caravan with the Z on my tail and quickly jumped out the back window hitting the ground with much force. My eyes felt very heavy. I looked to see the zombie approaching my fragile body. Only this time I didn't have the strength to move. The Z was next to me now, I watched as he collapsed next to me, grabbing my arm. In a way I am happy to go. At least I will be free this way. I watched the zombies head start to lower himself on my arm ready to bite. He was close to my skin, I could feel his rotting breath. His teeth was just about to puncture  my skin when a shot was fired. Hitting the zombie straight in the head. Immediately killing it. That was the last thing I saw. My eyes shut from exhaustion and I began to drift into a sleep. The last thing I remember is being picked up in someone's arms. And them whispering "one thousand one hundred and fifty four"