Chapter 4: Thanks

"I will come with you guys. I mean if that's ok?" I responded.
"Yeah that's fine, we will be happy to have you" Warren said giving me a smile.
"I'm not, how many more people are we going to take in?" Murphy shouted. Everyone gave him death glares.
"Well it's a good job none of us care about your opinion then" warren told him.
"Right everyone, get your stuff together. We need to get on the road" Charlie said standing up. Why didn't murphy like me?. I still sat on the sofa thinking. I haven't done anything to offend him.
"Don't worry about it, he doesn't like anyone" I looked up to see 10k. It was like he could read my mind.
"Ohh well atleast it's not just me" I said standing up. And following 10k outside. I didn't have any stuff to carry. As I didn't own any clothes or anything.
We all sat in the car. I was in the back with 10k, addy and mack. We was just talking the whole way. Getting to know each other. It was cute seeing addy and mack together. I have never been in a relationship. So I wouldn't know what it's like. Just then the car stopped. And we was outside a large grey building. "10k go high, incase we need backup" Warren told 10k. He nodded and began to walk away.
"Everyone else be on guard. We are looking for General McCandless but we may come across some trouble. So be ready for anything" Charlie said. Then looked at me.
"I think you would be best sitting out of this one. Get you some target practice first" Charlie told me. I nodded. I was glad about this. I have never killed a zombie before. So I would be pretty much useless. And just get in the way.
"So go find 10k, he will keep you safe" warren instructed to me. I nodded and began to walk in the same direction 10k walked in. But stopped and around.
"Good luck everyone" I told them all. And started walking away again. I turned the corner and couldn't see 10k anywhere. I was too busy looking around to find 10k location that I didn't realise the zombie coming up from behind me. I was pushed up against the wall. His teeth was leaning in. I used all my strength to push him away. But it was no use. I was too weak. Just then the zombie collapsed ontop of me. With a whole in his head. I looked up to see 10k ontop of an old ambulance.
"You ok?" He shouted
"I'm good" I replied. I pushed the zombie onto the floor and started walking in 10k direction. I started to climb the ambulance.
"Here give me your hand" 10k told me. I reached up and grabbed his hand. He pulled me up next to him.
"Thanks" I said. I lay down next to him.
"I got told to come find you. I would be pretty unless on a mission when I have never killed a zombie" I confessed to him.
"Really not even one?" He looked at me in utter shock
"Tobias and the men always took care of them" I told him.
"Oh I understand" he replied
We was just sat in silence. Then curiosity got the best of me.
"Can I ask something?" I enquired
" sure" 10k replied
"Why 10k? I mean that not your real name is it?" I asked
"That's the amount of zombies I'm going to kill" he confessed
"Ohh I understand now. That's what the number meant when you saved me" I realised
"Yeah" he said smiling at me.
"What's your real name then" I said
He didn't answer. Oh shit. Now I have offended him
"Sorry, you don't need..." I began to apologise but got cut off
"Tommy" he said looking at me
"I like that, it suits you" I told him
" just don't tell anyone" he said smiling at me.
"I promise" I said staring at him without even realising it.
I watched as he shot zombies, he's a natural. What happened next I didn't see coming.
"Would you like to try?" He said looking over at me
"With the gun?" I asked confusingly
"Yeah, you gotta give it a try sometime" he said waiting for a response.
"Umm ok then" I agreed.
"Here" he passed me the gun.
"Right what do I need to do" I asked him.
"First separate your legs a little to give you balance, then move your elbow here" he said while taking my arm is his hand and repositioning me.
"Look through the aim barrel" he stated.
"Focus on your target, which if you didn't know is the zombies head. Take a deep breath and when you release pull the trigger" he said guiding me  through the basics.
I pulled the trigger, and opened my eyes again to see the zombie lead on the floor.
"You did it, your a natural. You just killed your first zombie" 10k praised me.
"That felt amazing" I confessed.

More time past. We spent most of the time talking about random stuff and shooting. 10k let me shoot most of the zombies. Now I am pretty damn good at it. Time went so quickly. We didn't even notice it in till we got called back to the truck. When we turned the corner to meet the group, one person was missing.
"Where is doc" 10k said. I looked up to see hurt in his eyes. I knew him and doc had a close relationship. I hated seeing him so upset.