Hunger Games AU, 9/?

Dean stares at the clothes on his bed with narrow eyes, shifting to the left as he stares at the clothes. Black dress pants, a low cut black vest, a white dress shirt, and a bowtie. Dean sighs heavily, pulling the clothes on quickly. The man narrows his eyes at the weight on his back, shifting. It doesn't shift with the vest or shirt, it feels much more like the weight is in his back. Dean slips into his boots, pausing and looking at Balthazar as the angel startles him by appearing next to him.

"You need something?" Dean sks, and Balthazar rolls his eyes, grabbing Dean by his hair and yanking his head back.

"Final bits for your outfit." Balthazar explains, dripping an amber liquid into Dean's eyes. The man cusses, recoiling as well as he can at the burning sensation the liquid brings as it hits his eyes.

"Fuck! Balthazar, what the hell?" The man snaps, allowing the angel to tug his hair into an acceptable position. The man can feel something seep into his hair, and then it's styled again. "You're gonna make me look like a hot mess." Dean growls, glaring at Balthazar when the angel slaps his hand away from his hair.

"Damn straight I am. I've been given a masterpiece, and I'm going to abuse your attractiveness to the best of my ability. Now go and wait for Charlie by the elevator." Balthazar orders. Dean rolls his eyes, grabbing a roll as he passes the table before doing what Balthazar ordered.

"Sup, bitches?" Charlie greets Dean and Uriel. The angel narrows his eyes dangerously, and Dean rolls his again.

"Yo. What did Balthazar put in your eyes?" Dean asks, noticing the ginger rubbing at said eyes.

"I don't really know. Something silver and stinging." Charlie says, and Dean nods, entering the elevator.

"Don't forget to be yourself! But don't be too rude!" Balthazar shouts, and Dean rolls his eyes as the doors close.

***

Charlie is the first one to go. Her smile is blinding, and she sits down across from Anna. The angel with deep red hair smiles at the other, her eyes full with amusement. Dean can't tell if it's false or not. "Hello." The angel greets, speaking a lot slower than she did with the other tributes. Annoyance flashes across Charlie's face, and Dean smiles a bit as the angel looks a bit surprised.

"Hi." Charlie greets, her words a bit sharp as she leans back easily into the seat she's been give.

"How are you today?" Anna asks, speaking much faster than she was before. Charlie relaxes a bit.

"Pretty good. It's not everyday you get to see a crowd like this." The woman says, flashing a grin at the crowd. Balthazar makes a motion, and the woman winks as her eyes turn black.

"Oh!" Anna exclaims, moving back a bit in surprise. Charlie laughs, her smile bright but her expression much more deadly with the now nightmare colored eyes. Charlie leans forward a bit, resting her elbows on her knees.

"Balthazar is a hell of a stylist, gotta say." Charlie says, and Anna nods, smiling a bit as she gets back into the gist of things.

"He truly is. Your wings are marvelous. They look almost real." The angel says, and Charlie nods, stretching the snow colored leather wings out before they relax behind her back, a bit tense.

"He really is. You should see Dean. That boy is gonna make some mouths drop. And my hair looks amazing." Charlie says, and Anna nods, shuffling through some notes.

"So, and eight? That's uncommon even among demons. I'm impressed." Anna says, and Charlie shrugs, looking down in false shyness.

"Thank you, it was hard." The woman says, obviously bullshitting as she'd been done in about ten minutes.

"I'm sure." Anna says, smiling. "What do you plan on doing when you get back to your district?"

"I'm not going back." Charlie says, and it's immediately quite. Anna furrows her brows, leaning forward.

"Don't say that. You obviously have the skills to survive the Games. Only two others scored above you, and one of them is your friend." Charlie shakes her head.

"You've got it wrong. I have no doubt in what I can do, but Dean has people he needs to get back for. I won't allow two little boys to lose their brother. It isn't right. If anything, I'll probably save Dean or wander off and find a tall tree." Charlie says, and it's quite. Dean swallows a lump in his throat, turning away from the cameras aimed at him as his eyes start to water.

"That's... Unfortunate. I'm afraid our time is up, Charlie. May the odds be ever in your favor." Anna says, and Dean clenches his jaw, standing as the bell rings. Balthazar fixes his hair before he's allowed onto the stage, and he sits across from Anna silently, staring after Charlie until the bell rings. Then his eyes snap to Anna, much more cold and his frame much more tense. "Dean." Anna greets.

"Anna." The man replies, Anna doesn't bother looking at her notes.

"A ten. It's the first time in years. How'd you do it?" Anna asks, basically disregarding all regulations and rules as she leans forward.

"I don't think I'm allowed to say exactly what happened..." Dean glances out into the crowd, seeing the archangels nod. Lucifer looks amused. "Let's just say, it probably isn't something that they've seen before." Lucifer and Gabriel nod when the cameras turn to face them.

"Interesting." Anna says, and Dean tenses up as more attention is brought to him. "You have a brother. One you obviously care for very, very much. Why don't you tell us about him?" Anna offers, and Dean sighs a bit deeply. Something he can talk about that won't lead him to insulting the angels.

"Sammy. His name is Sam, and he's the smartest damned kid I've ever known. He's got a garden going in our shitty dirt back in District Twenty, and everybody cares for him. I'm just glad that when I come back I know he'll still be the same as when I left." Dean says, and Anna nods.

"You said that nothing better happen to him. What did you mean by that?" Anna asks, talking about when Dean was saying his goodbyes. Dean tenses, fire blazing behind his eyes. Light illuminates the man, and he knows that not only are there two grace wings spread and up high on his back, that his eyes are burning the same color.

"If anything happens to him, I'll deal with the person accordingly." Dean says instead of specifying. Anna is distracted by his wings, her eyes drawn to them like the rest of the angels. She nods, before she shakes herself out of her daze.

"Well, uh, yes. We're sure you will, but sadly, our time is up. May the odds be ever in your favor, Dean Winchester." Dean nods, shaking Anna's hand and then stalking off the stage to go calm down by repeatedly punching something.