Chapter 11: Late

Dumbledore dismisses us and it's time for first period. I walk back to the table with Draco and grab my bag from Beth. She gives me a hug along with Maddy, and Claire. I put my new quill into my bag carefully and link arms with Maddy.    

My first period was DADA then Care Of Magical Creatures then it was lunch. I had DADA with Maddy so we had to go the to the south end of the castle. I tell Beth and Claire that we'll see them at lunch and we leave in different directions.

DADA wasn't far from the grand hall. It took about five minutes to get there.

We walk in and see professor Snape standing at the front of the room with his arms crossed.

I was happy to still have professor Snape for one of my classes. He wasn't the nicest person ever but he was a great teacher.

The desks are arranged in pairs of to so obviously Maddy and I sit in the front row beside each other.  We wait quietly for everyone else to show up. Ben and Alex walk in and sit beside us. Alex sits closest to me and flashes me a smile. I smile back as Ben looks over at me and smiles too. I think he thought it was meant for him but I just let that pass.

The room is soon full and Snape starts to talk.

"Please take out your textbook and turn to page three ninety-four," he says slowly in his deep voice.

I turn to the page and the title of the chapter is Dementor Precautions and Skills, classic Snape.

----------------------------------------------

The class is over and it's time for Care of Magical Creatures with Hagrid. It was one of my favorite classes because Hagrid made it so fun.

I always stayed close to Hagrid after what happened to Draco. He got jealous the Harry could touch Buckbeak and walk up to the bird. Buckbeak got scared and scratched Draco.

This time we are going into the Dark forest to look at unicorn habitats. I have Maddy in my class so we walk together down to the forest. The walk was quick to get there and Hagrid amuses us with funny stories.

The class is half an hour long then it's time to go back to the castle. We start to walk to the exit of the forest when Hagrid stops and turns to us.

She shushes us and points at a beautiful white unicorn. It's main looks smooth and perfect. It's shimmering under the sun. Its tail just swept the ground and was perfectly even, like it was just cut.

I look at it in amazement as the creature eats the grass. It's as if time has stopped and I'm stuck in a moment with this beautiful animal. That was until someone sneezed.

The unicorn got startled and ran away into the forest. We all turned and look to see Pansy covering her face. Of course.

We all walk back to the castle and Hagrid dismisses us so we have time before lunch. Maddy and I leave the class and start to walk towards the common room.

We get to the common room door and tap the bricks in the needed pattern. The door is revealed and we walk in to see Professor Snape standing with Draco.

He walks towards me and looks down at me.

"Miss Bell if you could please follow me," he says, throwing his robes and turning.

I follow him with Draco and we walk to a corridor I've never seen before. I look at Draco, who looks completely fine. It gives me some relief because I'm sure if anything was wrong Draco would know.

We walk down the corridor and stop at two doors. Snape turns and looks at us with a certain look of pride.

"There are your private rooms, as prefects you each get your own room and there is a small room for your meeting down the hall," Snape says pointing to a door down the hall.