Chapter 16: Truth

Draco and I stand there frozen as the death eater walks closer. I see Draco glare at the masked figure. He's still hugging me close to him and I can feel his breathing start to calm down.  

I knew exactly what was going on. I could see the Draco straighten up and gain his confidence back. I watch as the death eater come closer to us and takes off its mask. It's Lucius Malfoy.

"Good evening Draco," he says in his deep intimidating voice.

"Hello father," Draco says

"Who are you?" Lucius says looking at me.

I look up at Draco quickly then back at his father. I don't know what to say. I get a bad feeling that I'm not supposed to be here.

"Father this is Elena" Draco steps in. 

"She's my friend," he says

"Only a friend?" Lucius says looking at us. "You two look quite close," he says noticing me still holding onto Draco.

"We're just friends," Draco says sternly." what are you doing here?" He asks his father.

"Business with the headmaster," Lucius says. "I've been going this way for years," he says looking at me briefly.

"It was nice to meet you, Ms. Bell." He says to me. "Draco" he says looking at him and giving him a nod before walking away.

Did he just call me Ms. Bell? I never told him my last name. How did he know that? Why did he think Draco and I are more than friends.

"Let's go," Draco says grabbing my hand as we walk down the tunnel. He sounded almost annoyed and angry.

We walk quite fast for the rest of the way. Once we got back in the castle we ended up right above the Slytherin common room. We walk down the stairs and into the common room.

We see Beth and Alex sitting on the couch together talking and they got up when they saw us.

"Elena!" I heard someone yell.

I turn around to be crushed by Ben's hug.

"Where were you?" He asks letting me go.

"We were just out," I say looking at Draco.

"Why?" He snaps looking at Draco.

"We went flying with Beth and Alex," I say slowly as I turn his gaze back to me.

"Okay," he says.

Ben leaves the common room and I look over at Beth.

"Elena," she says walking over to me. "What was that?" She asks looking in the direction that Ben left in.

"I have no idea," I say trying to think of what would make him have that reaction. "I thought you two were friends," I say looking at Draco.

"I told you," Draco says taking a few steps closer to me. "He likes you"

I look down at the floor and take a deep breath. Why? Why did he have to like me? Why is he making such a big deal about everything I do? He's acting like a super protective boyfriend. It's driving me insane.

"Beth, can you help me?" I ask changing the subject.

"For sure," Beth says realizing I want to leave.

She takes my hand and we walk to my room. Beth puts a soundproof charm on the room and I sit on the bed.

"What the hell is wrong with him?" She asks almost angry as she sits on the bed beside me.

"I know, he's acting as if I belong to him," I say in a rant "I do not have to tell him where I'm going every five seconds," I say. 

I let the anger boil inside of me as I speak.

"I know. He's completely insane. He needs to get a life." Beth adds.

Now I'm extremely mad and ranting. But it's not my fault. He's being ridiculous. I'm not his property. It's not my fault he likes me.

"God! I shout standing up and throwing my hands up. "He's just mad because I like Draco and not him!" I yell.

Just as I realize what I said I cover my mouth and look at Beth. She's completely shocked and her eyes are bigger than ever.

"What did you just say?" She says smiling as standing up.

"Nothing," I say trying not to smile.

"Elena Bell! You're blushing!" She yells taking a step closer to me. " you like him." She says jumping up.

Oh my god. I like Draco.