Chapter 26: Surprise

I wake up beside Draco with my hand on his bare chest. I feel the warmth of the sun coming through the window on my skin. I close my eyes and remember the night before. Draco and I were completely in love and I don't regret anything.  

I feel Draco's heartbeat under my palm and feel his chest move as he breathes. I wonder why people could act so powerful but be nothing but a beating heart. I start to think of how easy it would be for Draco to get in trouble and how he's not ready to deal with his father. Wizard or not he's just a human.

Draco moans and moves his head towards me. I look up at him and he opens his eyes.

"Hello gorgeous," he says putting his arm around me.

"Good morning," I say putting my head on his chest.

"How are you?" He asks

"Perfect," I say

He strokes my hair and we both go silent for a moment. It's not awkward, it's peaceful.

"What time is it?!" I say springing up and looking at Draco.

"Nine," he says looking at his watch.

I have to go see Beth before she leaves! She's going on a date with Alex and I have to give her life advice.

I grab the blanket at the end of my bed and wrap it around myself. I jump out of the bed and run to my clothes.

"What's up?" Draco asks sitting up on his elbows

"Nothing," I say throwing on my shirt.

"Elena..." He says

I run out the door and down the hall, into the common room and don't see her anywhere. I go down the girls' corridor and to Beths' room. I knock on the door quickly and wait anxiously for the door to open. Claire opens the door and I burst in seeing Beth and Maddy sitting on the floor.

"Oh thank god," I say tackling Beth as I hit the floor.

"What's going on Elena?" Maddy asks

"Charm the room," I say looking up at Claire.

She knew exactly what I meant and put a soundproof charm in the room.

"Draco and I just...kinda...."

"You didn't!" Maddy yells covering her mouth.

"Oh my god! Elena!" Beth says

"Holy shit! How was it?!" Claire says sitting beside me.

"Oh my god Claire," Maddy says pushing her playfully.

"It was amazing! I've never felt so in love in my entire life!" I say closing my eyes and remembering the night.

"Aweeee" Maddy says getting butterflies.

I rolled on my back and looked at the ceiling. I really do love Draco. He means everything to me.

"You two are so perfect together," Beth says.

"I wish I had a boyfriend like that" Claire says.

"Okay, I should go. I kinda just ran out of the room and I bet Draco is pretty confused" I say standing up.

"Bye," Maddy says

"See you in DADA," I say back to her.

I walk back down the corridor and into the common room. I see Olly and Alex sitting on the couch and Alex makes eye contact with me. I give him a wave and continue walking.

"Elena!" I hear

I turn around to see Alex running after me.

"Elena, wait," he says grabbing my hands.