The Scorch Trials

PLOT:

Transported to a remote fortified outpost, Thomas and his fellow teenage Gladers find themselves in trouble after uncovering a diabolical plot from the mysterious and powerful organization WCKD. With help from a new ally, the Gladers stage a daring escape into the Scorch, a desolate landscape filled with dangerous obstacles and crawling with the virus-infected Cranks. The Gladers only hope may be to find the Right Hand, a group of resistance fighters who can help them battle WCKD. Based on the book of the same name.

RATING: ✧✧✧✧✧ 5 stars!

REVIEW:

As expected, I absolutely loved this film. I think the acting is actually fantastic and that the cast is so well put together, especially the new people in the film as the acting dynamic worked well with The Maze Runner cast and the Scorch Trials additions. Honestly, my favourite new addition was Rat Man and even though in the books I did not imagine him to have an Irish accent but I think that he played the character really well.

Also, I think that the way that they did the cranks was very good as they did not go to far into the 'zombie' category but they did make them scary enough to make the Flare seem like a disease that is worth people running from and killing for.

The only thing that, I wouldn't say dislike but, that I was not completely fond of was that it did not stick to the book as much as the first one did, things such as the looking into Group B and spending most of the time in the desert with them. And one of the main parts was the internal battle for Theresa, and also her link to Aris was not even mentioned. I know that this would've been hard to put into a film but I would have liked them to notice one another.

Because of most of that being missing from the film it made them introduce the Right Arm in the second film when the reveal wasn't meant to be until in the Death Cure.

Apart from the obvious thing that all movies do, stray from the book, I honestly adored the whole film from the acting to the settings; the WCKD headquarters and Brenda's place - especially how they had all of the cranks on a chain like guard dogs.